• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Today, axis almost gave me a heart attack..

BUDHRAJ

TF Ace
today aroun 11:30 am, i got dozens of sms and mails mentioning contact details updated i.e. phone no and email.
first i disabled all the cards, then check on net banking and mobile app, i didn't saw any change then i try to do transaction on all axis cards and still no change in contact no and email, recieved otp's on mobile and mail.
called customer support, they also said nothing changed and telling me if you applied for new card then it is normal, for 5-10 minutes i explained her again and again fthat my new card was approved weeks ago and i already recieved messages and mail for that at that time.
the messages and mails i recieved had completely unknown phone no and email..

then i again checked all the mails and messages and find something that i recieved the contact updated messages and mails for all my cards not just one. and the mails and messages comes in pair, in first mail the contact details are changed to unknown person but then in the next mail changed to my own. this pair of mails recieved for all cards..

i changed the login passwords for netbanking and disabled limit on all my credit card from all banks.

don't know what was all this, to me it looks like some technical issue from axis side but they are not admitting it. already mailed to pno..

well the unknown person's mail looks like scammer's mail id, because of that i was more worried, you can see below the unknown person's contact details

We would like to inform you that we have updated 919291364647 as the Registered Mobile Number (RMN) with Axis Bank for Axis Bank Credit Card XX based on your request.
We would like to inform you that we have updated JAMPANISURENDRABABU@GMAIL.COM as your Registered Email ID with Axis Bank based on your request.

Looks like a technical glitch. You acted wisely though.

Enable the transaction limits gradually, to avoid surprises.
Looks like something majorly going wrong with axis bank. Yesterday almost everyone who had personal loan had an extra deduction without intimation. I had around 10k in my acount and yesterday they deducted it completely. When I reached out to the bank they said it’sa technical issue money will be reversed. By evening they reversed the money as well. But now when I see my account balance is showing as -12k so apparently they have again taken 22K. God knows what’s happening. Yet to get my money back.

Last edited:
today aroun 11:30 am, i got dozens of sms and mails mentioning contact details updated i.e. phone no and email.
first i disabled all the cards, then check on net banking and mobile app, i didn't saw any change then i try to do transaction on all axis cards and still no change in contact no and email, recieved otp's on mobile and mail.
called customer support, they also said nothing changed and telling me if you applied for new card then it is normal, for 5-10 minutes i explained her again and again fthat my new card was approved weeks ago and i already recieved messages and mail for that at that time.
the messages and mails i recieved had completely unknown phone no and email..

then i again checked all the mails and messages and find something that i recieved the contact updated messages and mails for all my cards not just one. and the mails and messages comes in pair, in first mail the contact details are changed to unknown person but then in the next mail changed to my own. this pair of mails recieved for all cards..

i changed the login passwords for netbanking and disabled limit on all my credit card from all banks.

don't know what was all this, to me it looks like some technical issue from axis side but they are not admitting it. already mailed to pno..

well the unknown person's mail looks like scammer's mail id, because of that i was more worried, you can see below the unknown person's contact details

We would like to inform you that we have updated 919291364647 as the Registered Mobile Number (RMN) with Axis Bank for Axis Bank Credit Card XX based on your request.
We would like to inform you that we have updated JAMPANISURENDRABABU@GMAIL.COM as your Registered Email ID with Axis Bank based on your request.
Once u apply for the new card ur details are again refreshed while it is being processed for all cards. That’s why all sms will come for each card. If u have given same mobile no and email.. it will make no difference just continue working as is

Once u apply for the new card ur details are again refreshed while it is being processed for all cards. That’s why all sms will come for each card. If u have given same mobile no and email.. it will make no difference just continue working as is
brother, as i mentioned above the messages and mails for contact detail update for new card were recieved weeks ago when card was approved, yesterday mails and message are completly different and of completely unknown contact details.

even when we get contact details and address details update mails for new application, they have our own details not someone else..

Looks like something majorly going wrong with axis bank. Yesterday almost everyone who had personal loan had an extra deduction without intimation. I had around 10k in my acount and yesterday they deducted it completely. When I reached out to the bank they said it’sa technical issue money will be reversed. By evening they reversed the money as well. But now when I see my account balance is showing as -12k so apparently they have again taken 22K. God knows what’s happening. Yet to get my money back.
well atleast for me no money was debited, for your case, i don't have much knowledge of loans still unknown and untimely debit really stressfull.

hope yesterday event doesn't trigger any penalty or something

So, even I got a barrage of mails and messages about email update and one for address update. Mail says 'as requested by you' but I didn't raise any request - and they were all for my existing email.
I had applied for one of the axis card last week but it has not been approved yet. My guess it might be due to maintenance thing axis was doing and sending old messages - but yeah, just a guess. For now I have disabled all transactions on my cards.
Did anyone else face similar situation?

Back