• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Transaction failed on pos amount debited and yet not refund

I have done a transaction on 30/04/23 on petrolpump of 5000 rs and transaction got failed after then i raised a dispute and email chargeback@sbicard.com with failed transaction receipt and after 3-4 days got an email that we have closed the dispute in favour of merchant and now merchant is saying that you raised a dispute amount has debited from my account now you will get amount from charge back talk to your bank and sbi card is saying that we can’t help in this matter talk to merchant.
So plz suggest me ho can i get my money back

Attachments

I have done a transaction on 30/04/23 on petrolpump of 5000 rs and transaction got failed after then i raised a dispute and email chargeback@sbicard.com with failed transaction receipt and after 3-4 days got an email that we have closed the dispute in favour of merchant and now merchant is saying that you raised a dispute amount has debited from my account now you will get amount from charge back talk to your bank and sbi card is saying that we can’t help in this matter talk to merchant.
So plz suggest me ho can i get my money back
Was the merchant show you a proof that amount has been deducted from his bank account?

No but I got email from merchant bank it’s written We have accepting the case so please inform to your bank to raise the fee collection to our center and confirm and then I re-email to chargeback@sbi.com and open dispute but there answer are same
Following things you can do:

1. Raise this matter to SBI Nodal officer with proper document and quote the service reference no.

2. DM and Tag this matter in twitter to SBI twitter team.

3. If this two methods doesn't work than Raise a matter to RBI BO with proper document and relevant timeline.

Following things you can do:

1. Raise this matter to SBI Nodal officer with proper document and quote the service reference no.

2. DM and Tag this matter in twitter to SBI twitter team.

3. If this two methods doesn't work than Raise a matter to RBI BO with proper document and relevant timeline.
I have already complained nodal officer and tweet also got same reply from nodal office and they don’t reply my tweet and today i have complaint to RBI Ombudsman aslo let see what they reply

What is this RRN can you please explain

Whenever bank/merchant process the refund, that transaction has RRN (return reference number) attached along with serial number etc.

So, if they provide you this number means they initated the refund.

Now, we go to another party and ask about status of this RRN and verify when it will be credited to our account.

If this is not happened, then we have to raise issue with ombudsman with all the mail proofs etc.

- If merchant itself not providing RRN then issue is with merchant.
- Even with RRN, bank not credited then issue with bank.

sample refund message..

we would like to inform you that the amount of INR 4003.60 has been refunded against order ID 000003730070100 on date 2022-10-26 at 00:58:36 to the source. Below are the details of the refund transaction are- RRN:200509300800 External serial number:20221026370028282828
Note: Time taken by your bank to add this money back in your account/card is beyond our control. We suggest you contact their customer care and find the time taken by your bank’s internal process. Thanks!

------

Like this merchant provide to you, and you have to check this with bank.

yes Merchant has provided me
Whenever bank/merchant process the refund, that transaction has RRN (return reference number) attached along with serial number etc.

Now, we go to another party and ask about status of this RRN and verify when it will be credited to our account.

If this is not happened, then we have to raise issue with ombudsman with all the mail proofs etc.

sample refund message..

we would like to inform you that the amount of INR 4003.60 has been refunded against order ID 000003730070100 on date 2022-10-26 at 00:58:36 to the source. Below are the details of the refund transaction are- RRN:200509300800 External serial number:20221026370028282828
Note: Time taken by your bank to add this money back in your account/card is beyond our control. We suggest you contact their customer care and find the time taken by your bank’s internal process. Thanks!

------

sample refund message..

------

a switch RRN and Terminal RRN No but both RRN no are same

sample refund message..

------

Like this merchant provide to you, and you have to check this with

Back