• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Transfer credit card limit from other bank's card

AsB

TF Legend
How do we transfer credit card limit from other bank's credit card to HDFC Credit card?
What are the charges associated with it?
@TechnoFino . Can you also make a video/ share link to the video/create a thread in the community for this (also for all banks credit cards)

How do we transfer credit card limit from other bank's credit card to HDFC Credit card?
What are the charges associated with it?
@TechnoFino . Can you also make a video/ share link to the video/create a thread in the community for this (also for all banks credit cards)
Don't know about other banks but SBI charge One time processing fee of 2% or 199+gst whichever is higher and 0% interest upto 60 days. If you choose 180 days than 1.70%(might vary for you) PM interest and no processing fee. You can only choose 60 days or 180 days period. Atleast these are the charges they are showing in my account.

Reactions: AsB
Based on your question first I thought

Actual Limit Transfer:

Ex:
You have SBI card with 5L limit, and HDFC 2L limit - now you want to transfer this 5L limit from SBI to HDFC (transfer credit card limit from other bank's credit card to HDFC Credit card).

So, SBI - 5L and HDFC - 5L (kind of limit enhancement).

This is not possible, I think you're aware of this.

Balance Transfer:

Y
our outstanding amount in SBI is 50K and you need to pay this by 30th October. Now due to some issues if we're unable to pay this amount without affecting our Cibil score as well as high interest rate, we can pay this amount with the help of HDFC and pay that amount to HDFC by next month (HDFC due date).

Ex: SBI - Due amount 50K (Due date 30th Oct) -> Transferred to HDFC (HDFC pays that bill on behalf of us) -> HDFC - Due amount 50k+charges for transfer.

I hope you're asking about this method. If yes, then this is 'Balance Transfer' (same word used by most of the banks). Do let us know which one?
Okay, so I mistook Balance Transfer to be the same as Actual Limit transfer.
And to increase the credit limit, I was hoping something like "credit limit 50k. want 100k. Pay 50k, then use". But I read somewhere that banks dont allow such behaviour /without charges.

Back