• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Transfer freelance income credited in deel to Vested/US brokerage account

vikasbrb

TF Buzz
Hi Guys,
Looking for genuine solutions.
I've been working remote as freelancer and getting paid in USD in deel. I want to transfer that amount to vested brokerage account via US bank account but don't want to bring that amount to India. Please let me know how can I do this transfer.
I tried direct transfer from deel to Vested brokerage account but it got failed as the brokerage account accepts amount from bank account under my name only.

Why do you dont want to bring to India? Tax reasons or you want hold USD ?
Yes.I want to avoid tax and invest in US stocks directly. If I had it bring it to Indian bank account and then invest in US stocks, I have to pay forex and transaction charges extra.That too two times it will happen. Also LRS 7L limit comes into picture for TCS. I want to utilize this 7L limit(without TCS) separately by transferring additional amount from India as my goal is invest in US stocks heavily atleast for 1-2 years.

Yes.I want to avoid tax and invest in US stocks directly. If I had it bring it to Indian bank account and then invest in US stocks, I have to pay forex and transaction charges extra.That too two times it will happen. Also LRS 7L limit comes into picture for TCS. I want to utilize this 7L limit(without TCS) separately by transferring additional amount from India as my goal is invest in US stocks heavily atleast for 1-2 years.
To put it simply, you cannot do that. Only way to bypass would be to ask your contractor to pay in Stable coin.

To put it simply, you cannot do that. Only way to bypass would be to ask your contractor to pay in Stable coin.
Deel supports crypto payment also in USDC/USDT/BTC/ETH. Can you please explain more how it would help to bypass tax if I transfer in any one of the crypto?

The thing is even if you somehow do this, If you ever transfer it back to India(usually more than 10L), IT dept will flag it.
If I transfer in small chunks to india i.e less than 7L over many years in the future, will IT still flag it?

If I transfer in small chunks to india i.e less than 7L over many years in the future, will IT still flag it?
No idea. I mentioned 10L because, one of my friend's transaction was flagged. He was in Singapore then moved to EU. After moving to EU, transferred around 11 lacs from SIN to India. He had to involve a CA, then had to show SIN bank statements, work visa, salary slips etc to get it cleared.

No idea. I mentioned 10L because, one of my friend's transaction was flagged. He was in Singapore then moved to EU. After moving to EU, transferred around 11 lacs from SIN to India. He had to involve a CA, then had to show SIN bank statements, work visa, salary slips etc to get it cleared.
was the transfer made to NRE/NRO account or regular savings account?

Hi Guys,
Looking for genuine solutions.
I've been working remote as freelancer and getting paid in USD in deel. I want to transfer that amount to vested brokerage account via US bank account but don't want to bring that amount to India. Please let me know how can I do this transfer.
I tried direct transfer from deel to Vested brokerage account but it got failed as the brokerage account accepts amount from bank account under my name only.
How about you withdraw to USD account in Wise app and then invest in your brokerage account using the Wise virtual debit card ?

Back