• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Trip suggestions for End March - Accor Plat

jacobijn

TF Buzz
Hi,

I am looking for suggestions for a one week international vacation end of March (spring break), keeping in mind following constraints:

1) Ideally a direct flight (or max one hop) from Mumbai
2) Suitable for small kids, aged 2 and 4
3) Would like to stay in an aspirational Accor property as I am Accor platinum, have Accor Plus membership and also have good number of points (and would like to use them for the stay). If I can benefit of the free Accor platinum breakfast, even better.
4) We are happy to do a relaxed/resort beach style vacation. No need for sightseeing
5) No food constraints - in fact, we prefer non-Indian/local cuisine when on vacation

thank you!

jacobijn

TF Buzz
thanks Guys! We had already visited Vietnam, for sure a great destination and indeed does fit all my boxes :). But ideally would like to go elsewhere this time - any other thoughts?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You have asked an open ended questions. Since we don't know which places you have visited already, here are suggestions

Phuket / Krabi - For beaches and relaxation - Accor Plat benefits can be fully used
Singapore - Sightseeing
Dubai - Sightseeing (lesser Accor plat benefits)
Malaysia / Langkawi - Sightseeing + Beaches
Mauritius - Direct flight from Mumbai (Sofitel is there)
Maldives - Little dicey considering current situation

Take a pick!

I have a slightly off topic question. Is it advisable going to Dubai/Malaysia during Ramadan month? Ramadan starts from 12th March. Specially for the food reasons.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have a slightly off topic question. Is it advisable going to Dubai/Malaysia during Ramadan month? Ramadan starts from 12th March. Specially for the food reasons.
I have heard in some ismalic countries all shops are closed during fasting time of ramzan. Not sure about the countries u mentioned but worth checking

I have heard in some ismalic countries all shops are closed during fasting time of ramzan. Not sure about the countries u mentioned but worth checking
Yeah. That's the reason why I asked as UAE and Malaysia are Islamic countries and it may be advised for non Muslims to not eat too during the day .

anishcode

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

My parents are visiting in the same day (12 march). Everyone told us it is fine no such restrictions . Except you cant eat/drink during fast time - in front of local people publicly. But will let know for everyone's knowledge.