• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Two Amex Cards Approved (Self Employed) [Tax Payment]

GGORDON

TF Buzz
Hi folks,
Received two Amex cards back to back - Amex Platinum Travel and Amex MRCC.

This was my first time applying for Amex cards.

I have applied for the Platinum Travel on the last week of August through a referral link. I got it as FYF.

Right after I received the Platinum Travel Card, I applied for MRCC, but as part of festive bonus, it was not available FYF. I will receive 6000 bonus points instead provided I fulfil the criteria.

Usage - I mainly want to use both of these to max out on Advance Tax as long as Canara Bank gateway is working. Already used 3L on Platinum Travel. Planning to spend 1L more before renewal.
For MRCC, I am using it to spend 5k, 4 times a month that will get me 2000 bonus points.

Limits: Happy with the limits that I have received. I read in this group that Amex provides a lower limit and then we need to follow up after 6 months for limit increase. But, that was not the case with me and received respectable limits on both of these cards.

Application: Amex did ask for income documents right after vKyc for Platinum Travel. I am guessing this was because I applied as a self employed person. ITR number is good and I didn't have any issues after uploading my latest ITR.

For MRCC, there was no vKyc and no other documents requested. It was approved right away.

Question: I plan to use both these Amex cards exclusively for only tax payments and nothing else (may be 100, 200 rs sometimes here and there). Is that going to be an issue? Biz Black from HDFC is also in transit from maxing out on tax payments.

Happy to answer any questions without coaxing you to use my referral link.

Question: I plan to use both these Amex cards exclusively for only tax payments and nothing else (may be 100, 200 rs sometimes here and there). Is that going to be an issue? Biz Black from HDFC is also in transit from maxing out on tax payments.

. . .

Back