• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to pay with points during checkout. Food only.

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So, i did a mattress run to achieve gold on ibis Hyderabad. When I checked in I insisted to burn points for the duration of the stay. As such I burned points + paid change amount at check-in. Before checkout we had dinner and breakfast and the same was posted to my room. The total bill amount ~ 2.9 k. When I tried to burn points while checking out the reception guy wasn't able to burn points. He tried multiple times and also showed me his screen, it was giving undefined error. Other PPL at the hotel were able to burn points so the system wasn't down and looks like the issue was specific to me only. Ultimately I paid through cc. Any ideas what was wrong?

@CMG

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
There have been cases like these before, if you request them nicely, they should be able to look into it and deduct your points while refunding the cc transaction.

Reactions: CMG

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
So, i did a mattress run to achieve gold on ibis Hyderabad. When I checked in I insisted to burn points for the duration of the stay. As such I burned points + paid change amount at check-in. Before checkout we had dinner and breakfast and the same was posted to my room. The total bill amount ~ 2.9 k. When I tried to burn points while checking out the reception guy wasn't able to burn points. He tried multiple times and also showed me his screen, it was giving undefined error. Other PPL at the hotel were able to burn points so the system wasn't down and looks like the issue was specific to me only. Ultimately I paid through cc. Any ideas what was wrong?

@CMG
Open your account on the web. Check to see if Accor has placed any restrictions on your account. If so, they will be displayed as a banner.

Also, some hotels cannot redeem 1,000 points for 20 EUR. You need to exceed 3,600 INR to redeem points.

@CMG
This happens due to Accor hotel management application issues. The same happened to me. The hotel spoke to Accor IT team who suggested to burn points from a different computer. Points deduction worked fine when done from a different computer.