• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Understanding to swap crypto hardware wallets

dravidsarang

TF Premier
Contributor
RML Group
So, I was actually going through few of the Crypto Wallet Threads created earlier and noticed healthy discussion regarding various cold wallet experiences.

I personally own a ledger nano S which I bought in Netherlands 5-6 Yrs back.
Over the time, I am noticing a major brightness issue (its hardly 5% of what it originally was).

When I first purchased Ledger, there were just 2 popular options > Ledger and Trezor and now there are many including Safepal and others.

I am planning to switch from Ledger to Safepal, however, would like to understand if someone from the community did this in the past?

Query I have:

1. Since the tokens are on blockchain, I doubt it will matter if we use a different hardware wallet. I can use my ledger seed phrase to login to my blockchain address using by using Safepal as both use BIP39. > Please correct me here if I am wrong?

2. Is there anything else I must be careful while switching between 2 wallets?

So, I was actually going through few of the Crypto Wallet Threads created earlier and noticed healthy discussion regarding various cold wallet experiences.

Over the time, I am noticing a major brightness issue (its hardly 5% of what it originally was).

When I first purchased Ledger, there were just 2 popular options > Ledger and Trezor and now there are many including Safepal and others.

I am planning to switch from Ledger to Safepal, however, would like to understand if someone from the community did this in the past?

Query I have:

1. Since the tokens are on blockchain, I doubt it will matter if we use a different hardware wallet. I can use my ledger seed phrase to login to my blockchain address using by using Safepal as both use BIP39. > Please correct me here if I am wrong?

Take a look at cypherock x1, Indian company, good reviews and very good use case as in the seed is divided in 5 parts using shamir's secret and it uses nfc cards so seed is very safe.

Query I have:

Coming to your question.
1. Wallet doesn't matter as long as you have seed safe.
2. Do not enter seed in any web interface and also try getting the wallet directly from company, avoid fkart and Amazon, even resellers if holding is big.

oh, maybe the right forum then, created a subforum, will share info there only-

Thanks for the valuable inputs.
Yes, I am aware about how and where to buy which wallet! :)

While doing some research I heard there appears to be some problem for DApps funds when you switch cold wallet. Need more research on this before I finalize.

Offtopic:- but I have a sealed pack nano s laying around for a while now (friend got me 2 of them for no reason lol)
Let me know if somehow you're interested

The new one is in the house: :hehe:

1725522532014.webp

Some more information.
Safepal's official website shows the following stores in India as official partners:

1725522719396.webp

Will use it to swap my wallet assets from ledger to safepal and will share my experience in coming days.
Feel free to put any questions if anyone have, so that I can try that first before making decisions,.

The new one is in the house: :hehe:

View attachment 67549

Some more information.

Safepal's official website shows the following stores in India as official partners:

View attachment 67550

Will use it to swap my wallet assets from ledger to safepal and will share my experience in coming days.
Feel free to put any questions if anyone have, so that I can try that first before making decisions,.
Are you planning to create a new wallet and transfer crypto from ledger or using the same seed?
Also what factors made you choose it?

Are you planning to create a new wallet and transfer crypto from ledger or using the same seed?
Also what factors made you choose it?
currently I used the same seed to recover wallet (reason, my ledger is not very usable right now).
the plan is to first recover the wallet, then transfer everything to a new wallet.
My first plan was to get a new ledger, however, while comparing the new ones, I found safepal more user friendly with the directional buttons. (it has 5 buttons, 4 for up, down, right ,left and center for OK) and a bigger screen.

Using Ledger Nano was a pain with just 2 buttons.

Also, this is the cheapest wallet in Indian market right now (could have invested more for ledger, however, I dont find a reason to put additional 4K for a lesser user friendly wallet).

Back