• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

unethical practices by banks

ltf4ever

TF Legend
Hi,

if there is any prior thread, please let me know.
just thought of sharing this experience with bank practices that might not be 'illegal', but are unethical and intentionally done to bypass regulations built for customer safety:

1) after i opened my axis account, i used to get a lot of sales calls from their bank. i visited the website and registered for DND services. additionally, I also sent an email to their customer care to remove my name from their calling list and contact me only for important account maintenance related matters.
Now, i regularly get calls from the bank and they start the conversation by saying that it is a 'service' call to ask me if i need any account related help and if i was having any problems (mine is not even a premium account, just a basic one), my satisfaction with the banking services, etc. after i replied no, then they start their sales pitch about loans and credit cards, etc. i think they are disguising the sales call as a service call and bypassing the DND.

2) banks who have phone numbers that start with 1800 (toll free) when onboarding a new customer, and numbers that start with 1860 ( chargeable and not connectable with basic prepaid plans except jio, bsnl) for customer complaints. this ensures that maximum people get onboarded as customers, but many will not be able to raise a complaint via phone.

feel free to add any more such experiences.

Last edited:
Hi,

just thought of sharing this experience with bank practices that might not be 'illegal', but are unethical and intentionally done to bypass regulations built for customer safety:

1) after i opened my axis account, i used to get a lot of sales calls from their bank. i visited the website and registered for DND services. additionally, I also sent an email to their customer care to remove my name from their calling list and contact me only for important account maintenance related matters.
Now, i regularly get calls from the bank and they start the conversation by saying that it is a 'service' call to ask me if i need any account related help and if i was having any problems (mine is not even a premium account, just a basic one), my satisfaction with the banking services, etc. after i replied no, then they start their sales pitch about loans and credit cards, etc. i think they are disguising the sales call as a service call and bypassing the DND.

2) banks who have phone numbers that start with 1800 (toll free) when onboarding a new customer, and numbers that start with 1860 ( chargeable and not connectable with basic prepaid plans except jio, bsnl) for customer complaints. this ensures that maximum people get onboarded as customers, but many will not be able to raise a complaint via phone.

I am facing the same exact issue with this stupid bank

Hi,

I think the best one is when you apply for one card, but they surprise you with another one. HDFC is infamous for doing this to its C2C applications.

HDFC is torturing me mails and notifications about Paid Regalia Gold upgrade for my LTF Regalia.

One SMS even made me log into Netbanking to check whether they did it themselves.🤷‍♂️

Hey We upgraded your HDFC Bank Credit Card to Regalia Gold Credit Card! Now enjoy better rewards, cashbacks and offers in 2 easy steps here hdfcbk.io/a/2dRbbYZ6 T&C

HDFC is torturing me mails and notifications about Paid Regalia Gold upgrade for my LTF Regalia.

One SMS even made me log into Netbanking to check whether they did it themselves.🤷‍♂️

Hey We upgraded your HDFC Bank Credit Card to Regalia Gold Credit Card! Now enjoy better rewards, cashbacks and offers in 2 easy steps here hdfcbk.io/a/2dRbbYZ6 T&C
Regalia gold is a better looking, useless card. Sad that you are paying for that card now.

They didn't upgrade my Regalia. That sms was completely misleading and created unnecessary confusion.
I have no idea how it actually is an upgrade to them. :ROFLMAO:
I'm confused though. Did you click on the link and apply for it yourself or opening the link auto-applied for the upgrade?

I have no idea how it actually is an upgrade to them. :ROFLMAO:
I'm confused though. Did you click on the link and apply for it yourself or opening the link auto-applied for the upgrade?
They send this sms alternatively with another sms that says you are eligible for upgrade.
Although the SMS says it is upgraded, it is not actually upgraded.
I am not sure what they are trying to achieve with these SMSs.

I didn't click that link. Don't want to give them any sort of reason to do the upgrade.

They send this sms alternatively with another sms that says you are eligible for upgrade.
Although the SMS says it is upgraded, it is not actually upgraded.
I am not sure what they are trying to achieve with these SMSs.

I didn't click that link. Don't want to give them any sort of reason to do the upgrade.
Good you didn't open the link. Hdfc and its bloody shenanigans.

ICICI is miles ahead even if you by mistake just open their offers tab in imobile then god help you with their spam
They will phone you instantly and directly say you were looking at our offers tab and we have pre approved BS offer esp for you .

Hdfc well chapri backbenchers run their CC

Axis deducts random charges all of a sudden and is the most pathetic of all

Back