• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

unfair practices [1]: 1860 and other chargeable numbers

ltf4ever

TF Legend
hi all,

i have always faced this problem from my prepaid connection. banks have 1800 numbers (toll free) for selling their products, but for customer service or complaints of the same product, they have numbers starting with 1860 (chargeable). these numbers are not even connected on unlimited prepaid packs. for postpaid, customers are charged per minute for this call.

i came across this article on internet : https://www.quora.com/Why-isn-t-cal...e-unlimited-prepaid-plans-for-mobile-in-India

it says that the charges collected from us are shared between the mobile network provider and the party that we are calling (bank in this case).

i think that this is an unfair trade practice.
a verrryy crude analogy would be: you going to the police to file complaint against a thief, and the police charging you money for filing an fir, and the money charged from you being shared between police and the thief.

it is essentially the banks earning money from people who have already faced deficiency in service and have complaints against the same bank.

would like to know if others feels the same and if any complaint can be lodged with rbi/consumer forums.

only jio and maybe bsnl provide free calling to these numbers.

Last edited:
Back