• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPI Dispute Redressal for payment made by mistake

UPI Chargeback is impossible even if you show all the proof.

We need to file a police complaint to get the money back, a long process or request the beneficiary to send money back.

RBI, NPCI failed to create a fair payment processing ecosystem.
LOL.

@ontherocks apply a chargeback from your bank, your bank will help you for incorrect UPI transfer. If you are lucky then you will get your refund within 15 to 30 days. Many people already got refund for incorrect UPI transfer.

@ontherocks

We need to file a police complaint to get the money back, a long process or request the beneficiary to send money back.

The form in the NPCI website for raising dispute seems to be a farce. They took all my info like phone number and email, but didn't provide any acknowledgement after submission. God knows if my application was submitted or it went into a block hole.

Last edited:
LOL.

@ontherocks apply a chargeback from your bank, your bank will help you for incorrect UPI transfer. If you are lucky then you will get your refund within 15 to 30 days. Many people already got refund for incorrect UPI transfer.

@ontherocks
Yeh, after getting no acknowledgement from NPCI, I submitted a service request with my bank.
What they told me was not encouraging. To summarize, the refund depends if the receiver accepts that he was not expecting the credit. If the receiver declines, sender doesn't get a refund. One solace is that the amount is locked for the receiver too and a lien is attached to his account.

Last edited:
LOL.

Yeh, after getting no acknowledgement from NCPI, I submitted a service request with my bank.
What they told me was not encouraging. To summarize, the refund depends if the receiver accepts that he was not expecting the credit. If the receiver declines, sender doesn't get a refund. One solace is that the amount is locked for the receiver too and a lien is attached to his account.
🤣 The beneficiary bank also need to cooperative with us.

I have been dealing with a double payment issue for the last 2 months. it was a UPI payment to a Govt entity.
ICICI bank declines to raise a dispute and the govt entity, doesn't realize or show ignorance towards double payment. only responds with "service has been provided" and closes the ticket.

This UPI thing is a headache if you are stuck with such a problem. The amount was very small in my case. Hence, can be ignored. But this could become a nightmare for people.
Ignore some smart a$$ people who defend bad things and ignore the ground reality by licking their boss's Sh!!.

I have been dealing with a double payment issue for the last 2 months. it was a UPI payment to a Govt entity.
ICICI bank declines to raise a dispute and the govt entity, doesn't realize or show ignorance towards double payment. only responds with "service has been provided" and closes the ticket.

This UPI thing is a headache if you are stuck with such a problem. The amount was very small in my case. Hence, can be ignored. But this could become a nightmare for people.
Ignore some smart a$$ people who defend bad things and ignore the ground reality by licking their boss's Sh!!.
You guys dnt know how to talk to customer care, Bank will never reject your UPI chargeback but you need to wait atleast 1-2 weeks.

But yes there is high chance normal customer care team reject your request, raise your complaint to Level 2 or Nodal officer. 99% times they will accept your request and last option is RBI but like i said Level 2 or Nodal officer 99% times accept your UPI chargeback.

Last thing, you also need to educate them. For example - sometimes you need to told them this is P2M UPI transaction. If transaction is showing successfully but failed on merchant website, Customer can apply for chargeback for P2M UPI transaction.

Jaise bacho ko sikhate hai na.

A for Apple,
B for Ball

Same waise samjhaoge, What is UPI ? What is UPI merchant payment ? UPI also has chargeback system etc.. Blah blah blah.. they will understand and accept your chargeback request.

And im not joking pahele mai aisa bahut bar kiya tha and normal customer care team accept my UPI chargeback request.

View attachment 60075

Now, Why do you assume ki 1st level ne reject kia hoga? Baaki details mai ab dene se raha.

Aur Jitni tume jankari hai. utni kam hai. thora aur knowledge badha lo accha rahega. her jagah hosyaari achi nahi hoti.
2nd level se tumhe baat nahi karne aaya hoga. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chargeback k liye reject nahi karenge, agar sahi tarike se samjhaoge toh.

aur hai chargeback team alag hote hai bank k. Directly customer care ko bolo ki chargeback team se baat karaye ya apne senior se baat karaye.

twitter pe tandav karo agar nahi suna toh. Twitter pe complaint ko seriously lete hai.

Turns out, the NPCI UPI Dispute Redressal form is a farce.
Had raised a service request with my bank. They came back and said that the other person's bank was not able to contact the him to obtain his approval. I asked my bank, what am I supposed to do now? They have no answer.

Last edited:
Turns out, the NCPI UPI Dispute Redressal form is a farce.
Had raised a service request with my bank. They came back and said that the other person's bank was not able to contact the him to obtain his approval. I asked my bank, what am I supposed to do now? They have no answer.
Apply chargeback arbitration. NPCI will handle this matter.

Arbitration is a formal and structured way to resolve disputes when normal resolution methods fail, but it can be time-consuming, so it's generally used as a last resort.

Edit - first apply chargeback pre-arbitration.

Last edited:
There's number 1980 somthing for cyber fraud complaint
After giving your complaint there the amount will be blocked in the receiver acc.
But for amt sent by mistake banks do help to they block money but you need to have good connection.

Apply chargeback arbitration. NPCI will handle this matter.

Arbitration is a formal and structured way to resolve disputes when normal resolution methods fail, but it can be time-consuming, so it's generally used as a last resort.

Edit - first apply chargeback pre-arbitration.
Where do I apply for chargeback pre-arbitration? Couldn't find anything by Googling.

Last edited:
Back