• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Urgent help required as I paid credit card bill to a wrong credit card number (last 4 digit altered) and payment is successful!

CardTox

TF Premier
Guys, on 27 September I paid the bill of my SBI Cashback Credit card for the amount of 4702 using Aeronpay by entering my credit card number. The mode of payment was E Cash of Aeronpay. I waited for 3 days for the update, but my credit card bill was not received till 3rd October, being scared I checked the txn history where in it was shown that my credit card bill has been successfully processed and also I found the UTR number. But when I saw the credit card number to which i paid my bill the last 4 digits are not same as my credit card number I don't know whether i committed this mistake or Aeronpay did something.
The last 4 digits of my credit card are 7929 while the card to which the payment has gone ends with 2979.
To check whether the card where i wrongly paid the bill is a valid card number. I tried to load 100 rupee on payzapp using this card number, and payzapp successfully sent the OTP to the registered mobile number which ends with xxxxx0414. It mean this wrongly entered cc exist and registered with the mobile number xxxxxxx0414.
I believe its SBI credit card only as it has starting twelve digits exactly same as my SBI cashback credit card. I called SBI card helpline and they are saying that they cann't help me in this regard and I should visit the bank for more information.
Therefore guys, what should I do here, how may i know the registered mobile number with this credit card so that i could call the concern person and ask him to repay my bill. Or where should i raise the complaint for reversal of the bill based on the UTR number. Can Aeronpay help me in this regard? Does anyone know the email of SBI card Devision section so that they could take up the matter? Kindly assist me.

Wah bhaiya, galat txn wo bhi Aeronpay ke sath? 🤣🤣🤣
rahul-gandhi.gif

/s

Last edited:
In my situation, I spoke with customer care. They requested my UTR number and subsequently provided me with an email address to share the proof of payment. In my case, the payment was made on someone else's card. They informed me that they would first communicate with that individual and then reverse the transaction from their card to credit it to my card. After 2-3 days, I received the payment

Back