• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Urgent! Standard chartered purchase interest.

I have sc smart credit card and I used 50k last month on utilities and 50.7k on education payment using housing and today my statement got generated, i have used only this amount i.e 50000+50781 so total due should be 100781/- but they charged me some purchase interest of 5543.10, what the hell is this and also my total due 107012.57 ie also wrong calculation. Can someone please tell ABT this

Attachments

• IMG_20241003_224055.webp
    IMG_20241003_224055.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 39
I have sc smart credit card and I used 50k last month on utilities and 50.7k on education payment using housing and today my statement got generated, i have used only this amount i.e 50000+50781 so total due should be 100781/- but they charged me some purchase interest of 5543.10, what the hell is this and also my total due 107012.57 ie also wrong calculation. Can someone please tell ABT this

You can try contacting the customer care and they will reverse it. This was due to their system upgrade last month.

There is a thread discussing the same here: https://www.technofino.in/community...against-cred-payment-even-after-no-due.31781/

Edit:
Just noticed the screenshot you posted. You did not pay in full.

You can try contacting the customer care and they will reverse it. This was due to their system upgrade last month.

There is a thread discussing the same here: https://www.technofino.in/community...against-cred-payment-even-after-no-due.31781/

Edit:
Just noticed the screenshot you posted. You did not pay in full.
I didn't paid because there was some 688 fees deduction and customer care told me that it will get reversed so no need to pay!
And the system upgrade happens daily idk wht they are doing, even though still not live on bbps

This happened with me in last statement. They took the request and removed the charges in couple days. Since it was just 182 rupees. I paid Rs. 200 in case they mess up something.

You are suppose to pay the full bill, don't take anything verbally. If you have an email where they mentioned not to pay, you can get the charges reversal.

In my case, they replied via email that the charges are due to the upgrade and will not be reported as any delayed payment interest to CIBIL.

This happened with me in last statement. They took the request and removed the charges in couple days. Since it was just 182 rupees. I paid Rs. 200 in case they mess up something.

You are suppose to pay the full bill, don't take anything verbally. If you have an email where they mentioned not to pay, you can get the charges reversal.

In my case, they replied via email that the charges are due to the upgrade and will not be reported as any delayed payment interest to CIBIL.
I talked to the customer care they told me that it will get reversed,
But when did uh get the mail after talking to the customer care?

My statement gets generated on 2nd of every month. I spoke to them as soon as I saw the charges on 2nd Sep. They took the request for reversal.

Next day 3rd Sep I sent an email asking them to explain why did they charge me when there was no delay. No reply from them.
Sent another email on 7th Sep also mentioning about CIBIL impact concern. No reply
Sent follow up on 14th Sep and finally they replied on 17th Sep.

My statement gets generated on 2nd of every month. I spoke to them as soon as I saw the charges on 2nd Sep. They took the request for reversal.

Next day 3rd Sep I sent an email asking them to explain why did they charge me when there was no delay. No reply from them.
Sent another email on 7th Sep also mentioning about CIBIL impact concern. No reply
Sent follow up on 14th Sep and finally they replied on 17th Sep.
Can uh please mention the email

Back