• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Urgent: Suggestions required for Infinia upgrade

But I made a large purchase and to avoid CIBIL hit, I repaid it before Bill generation. So just bill amounts wouldn't show a high number.

I called the RM, he seemed to have considered that transaction in the total spends in last 6 months.

So I'm guessing it's summation of all transactions, net of reversals / refunds.

But I'm not sure if it's calender month or billing month
Whenever I call Infinia CC for any request I ask them about my spending for this calendar year and they simply sum all the month's statement and inform me. Because for NCEMI they clearly mentioned it's not about the purchases rather than the statement amount.

Your RM can also tell you within 2 mins by checking system.
Is this what you understood from my reply? By the way, Infinia CC connects in less than 10 seconds. It's not that RM can't handle it. After all, he's a human being and might be in the field most of the time, not always having access to his work desk. When they can't answer the calls, they call back to apologize and provide updates by the end of the day or the next business day. I find all of this cumbersome when Infinia CC is just a call away

Last edited:

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Whenever I call Infinia CC for any request I ask them about my spending for this calendar year and they simply sum all the month's statement and inform me.
But this can be misleading........ I can spend 5L on my card but pay it back before bill generation, so it would seem like I had 0 spends in that particular month.

But this can be misleading........ I can spend 5L on my card but pay it back before bill generation, so it would seem like I had 0 spends in that particular month.
I have many times paid for transactions I've done even before the billing date and they're not counted under the annual spend threshold.

Well, then it's a wrong practice by the bank.
When asked, RMs justification is this; Sir, for instance, in NCEMI there are equivalent debit and credit entries for the same amount. If we simply add both of them, it results in zero spending for that month. However, that amount is spread over subsequent months throughout the tenure. How should we calculate this? Also, what about the refunds after the bill generation date? Likewise, he said they've seen many cases and finalized with this approach.

sidp

TF Ace
I have many times paid for transactions I've done even before the billing date and they're not counted under the annual spend threshold.
This is wrong. You should've pointed it out.
All issuers clear mention total spends for fee waiver and then mention exclusion categories such as mcc codes, emi, fee paid, tax or processing charge etc. No where it is mentioned that fee waiver depends on due amount.

This is wrong. You should've pointed it out.
All issuers clear mention total spends for fee waiver and then mention exclusion categories such as mcc codes, emi, fee paid, tax or processing charge etc. No where it is mentioned that fee waiver depends on due amount.
Check my previous reply...

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
But I made a large purchase and to avoid CIBIL hit, I repaid it before Bill generation. So just bill amounts wouldn't show a high number.

I called the RM, he seemed to have considered that transaction in the total spends in last 6 months.

So I'm guessing it's summation of all transactions, net of reversals / refunds.

But I'm not sure if it's calender month or billing month
Count total money paid to cc in 6 month that's ur spend .
Bill outstanding is not = spends.

sidp

TF Ace
Yes I saw that. But either that agent/rm is misinformed or bank have wrong process.
If they aren't considering you can complain to rbi. Cuz tnc clearly says total spends for fee waiver. Then they mention which transactions won't be considered for fee waiver. E.g. mcc list, annual fee, any process charge and any tax on these charges. Also some cards don't consider emi amount for fee waiver. So you need to check tnc & find exclusion list.
Even if you already paid fee when you were supposed get fee waiver you can complain rbi to get money back with compensation.

Yes I saw that. But either that agent/rm is misinformed or bank have wrong process.
If they aren't considering you can complain to rbi. Cuz tnc clearly says total spends for fee waiver. Then they mention which transactions won't be considered for fee waiver. E.g. mcc list, annual fee, any process charge and any tax on these charges. Also some cards don't consider emi amount for fee waiver. So you need to check tnc & find exclusion list.
Even if you already paid fee when you were supposed get fee waiver you can complain rbi to get money back with compensation.
Okay, last year anyhow I crossed that spending threshold even after paying for a few transactions before the bill generation date.. I'll ask RM to check again. Thanks for pointing out. Also, now it got me to thinking; do banks report to the IT dept about the CC spends of above 10L or statements amount above 10L?

sidp

TF Ace
For eg. In axis it shows a slider for fee waiver/milestone. I always keep my utilization <25%, sometimes even -ve. Still it considers all eligible spends. Sometimes there is discrepancy but if it had only considered due amount that slider would have stayed near 0 only.

For eg. In axis it shows a slider for fee waiver/milestone. I always keep my utilization <25%, sometimes even -ve. Still it considers all eligible spends. Sometimes there is discrepancy but if it had only considered due amount that slider would have stayed near 0 only.
Okay got it.

sidp

TF Ace
Okay, last year anyhow I crossed that spending threshold even after paying for a few transactions before the bill generation date.. I'll ask RM to check again. Thanks for pointing out. Also, now it got me to thinking; do banks report to the IT dept about the CC spends of above 10L or statements amount above 10L?
Total paid amount in a fy.
For cash payment =1L
For total payment 10L.
And this is legal requirement. They can report for any amount if they are suspicious.

Total paid amount in a fy.
For cash payment =1L
For total payment 10L.
And this is legal requirement. They can report for any amount if they are suspicious.
So, the bill generation date doesn't matter. Just all the payments made to CC? Okay.

sidp

TF Ace
So, the bill generation date doesn't matter. Just all the payments made to CC? Okay.
Yes. Like for last fy if you had spend only 6L. And you are expecting to spend 12L this fy.
You could've paid 2.5L extra last fy (till march 31st) so that for this yr it would be <10L. Also you can put some spends of this fy in emi , so you can pay them in next fy.

Last edited:

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is this what you understood from my reply? By the way, Infinia CC connects in less than 10 seconds. It's not that RM can't handle it. After all, he's a human being and might be in the field most of the time, not always having access to his work desk. When they can't answer the calls, they call back to apologize and provide updates by the end of the day or the next business day. I find all of this cumbersome when Infinia CC is just a call away
Bhai... He's looking for an upgrade to infinia... Meaning he doesn't have Infinia... So how to connect with infinia customer care?

Hence told him even RM can check within 2 mins.

Bhai... He's looking for an upgrade to infinia... Meaning he doesn't have Infinia... So how to connect with infinia customer care?

Hence told him even RM can check within 2 mins.
Bro, I intended to tell you what customer care people count towards annual spending. But does Infinia come with an assigned RM? For me, only our Imperia RM takes care of it and mostly they don't know much about credit card services, at least in my case, I'd at least 4 or 5 RMs got changed over the last couple of years.

Yes. Like for last fy if you had spend only 6L. And you are expecting to spend 12L this fy.
You could've paid 2.5L extra last fy (till march 31st) so that for this yr it would be <10L. Also you can put some spends of this fy in emi , so you can pay them in next fy.
Yeah got it.