• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Vistara Business award seats unavailable even though all seats are available.

gvicky008

TF Buzz
I have been trying to use my two business award vouchers(received through axis Vistara infinite) for me and my wife on delhi to guwahati route.
in the next 3 months either they have only 1 seat available or no seats. i have checked on multiple dates that entire business class is empty, Vistara CC is useless, they do not know the reason behind this.
Any idea how does this work, what is the logic behind award seats availability in vistara business class.

Are these one class upgrade vouchers ? If yes, ask them to first book premium economy and then upgrade to business , tell them to do that.

I have been trying to use my two business award vouchers(received through axis Vistara infinite) for me and my wife on delhi to guwahati route.
in the next 3 months either they have only 1 seat available or no seats. i have checked on multiple dates that entire business class is empty, Vistara CC is useless, they do not know the reason behind this.
Any idea how does this work, what is the logic behind award seats availability in vistara business class.
book via call center.. they will tell u whn available

Does the card provide concierge services. If yes, connect with them on the same

The logic isn't public and the results could be extremely uncertain depending on your dates and routes.

Even booking the ticket doesn't guarantee your seat, the flight could get delayed, cancelled or even downgraded a day or few hours before the flight.
Vistara is a great airline but regarding the reward redemptions and booking process, I'm sure there's a lot of scope for improvement.

i have redeemed 6 biz tkts and 4 upgrade vouchers over last 2 yrs.. never had a challenge.. infact i have booked DEL-BOM as well with a month in advance and got seat.. so....

Possibly a sector and lead time issue.

I for one have always believed Vistara biz availability was decent, despite techno fino views to the contrary.

Learning it the hard way that unless one is for prepared for odd timings or booking 45+ days out. (still no guarantee) especially on sectors like BLR DEL, there’s likelihood of just one biz seat being available.

I
Possibly a sector and lead time issue.

I for one have always believed Vistara biz availability was decent, despite techno fino views to the contrary.

Learning it the hard way that unless one is for prepared for odd timings or booking 45+ days out. (still no guarantee) especially on sectors like BLR DEL, there’s likelihood of just one biz seat being available.
I Was flexible for the entire month, my bad luck

I'm observing that routes where tickets used to be available for 6k points, such as Bangalore - Chandigarh or Bangalore - Port Blair, are not available or suddenly priced between 20 to 40k points, while current available fares on the same dates range from Rs 6k to 7k. Is it normal or some devaluation or FlyingReturns point customer are able to book Vistara flights now?

I'm observing that routes where tickets used to be available for 6k points, such as Bangalore - Chandigarh or Bangalore - Port Blair, are not available or suddenly priced between 20 to 40k points, while current available fares on the same dates range from Rs 6k to 7k. Is it normal or some devaluation or FlyingReturns point customer are able to book Vistara flights now?
Tickets are not devalued, You might be looking into cash+points option

Back