• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What if I satisfy the first year CC fee waiver spend, but cancel the CC in the second year?

wolfdalalstreet

TF Premier
This is for AU Vetta CC. It has no joining fees and Annual / Renewal Fee is Rs.2,999. Annual Card fee is charged in subsequent statement after 90 days completion of card set up date, in case retail spends based fee waiver condition is not met. If the Cardholder meets the spends based fee waiver conditions, then the Card Annual fee is waived.

1st Year Annual Fee waiver
Vetta - Spend Rs.40,000 within first 90 days of card set up

2nd Year onwards - Annual Fee waiver
Vetta - Spend Rs.1,50,000 in a year and get waiver for next year Annual Fee

I will surely be able to spend Rs. 40,000 in first 90 days so I will get FYF, but for next year I may not be able to. Now my question is that can I just use AU Vetta CC for one year (which will become FYF) and in the 12th month just call them and cancel the card? I don't want to spend on its fees.

I have a transaction of around 40K coming in next few days and am planning for AU Vetta due to its benefits and FYF. All suggestions welcome.

You can do it and when you call them to close the card, they may some time offer you waiver too though you didn't met the spend criteria. But do it as you written before the renewal fee is charged.

Back