• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

what is better laptops or tabs?

er.jaisingh

TF Buzz
If you want to use full functionality of a laptop plus tub then go for laptop, if you want to watch apps, movies, reading, surfing, billpayments etc that are same through phone go for tab, simple it is.

AsB

TF Ace
Laptops and tablets have very different purposes.
Laptops are used to write codes (if you are in IT) , perform Microsoft Office operations comfortably, and use cheaper softwares in most cases. In most cases, it will solve most of your problems.
Tablets on the other hand are used mostly to consume content through say, Netflix or YouTube, browse on Internet and so on. One of the most important things that tablets are used for is to take Notes, or study from a document. Another thing about tablets is their small size, so you can use it as a portable device. But, some laptops can beat that as well.

Other than a few things like taking notes, you can do pretty much everything in a laptop. Also, you can write long sentences using a Laptop faster than a tablet, unless you use accessories. So, writing long documents is not a great choice.

In addition, looking at the cost perspective, a laptop may cost less than a tablet of descent value.
Also, buying all the necessary accessories for a tablet may overshoot even the price of a high performance gaming laptop.

I own both a HP Omen laptop - EN0001AX (gaming) and iPad Air 5th Gen. And the total price of the tablet after getting just the Apple Pencil is around the same price as the Laptop.
Just for comparison sake - I can play Assassins Creed Valhalla on the laptop in high settings. That laptop has similar price as that of a tablet with Pencil.
I use the Laptop mostly for coding, gaming, studying , and I use the tablet to take notes, watch content, when I don't want to turn on the laptop, etc.
I also have a laptop from my company, which is 13 inch, (just 2-3 inch bigger than the iPad. Not a huge difference. So....)

You can get a Android tablet, but the performance and durability of the tablet may not be as expected.

So, you can decide.

blacktiger

TF Premier
get a laptop. tabs not worth for productivity unless you have good money to get a samsung tab. the ipad is severly limited by its os. lower end android tabs are just slow, there are no mid range tabs. the only real use ive seen is browsing web and watching movies in apps. you can do the same in a laptop dont have to worry about OS updates

thejaguar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
An ipad pro is a great laptop replacement for a lot of folks - depends on the use case. If you need to code, etc, you will obviously need a laptop, but if you in management and need it for other productivity tasks, then a tablet becomes more attractive.

Abhi5467

TF Premier
I have both. None is replaceable with another. iPads have close to 10 hours battery backup which the laptop don't. Apps are not supported on laptops. You can't do office apps in iPads for free...you have to pay. No cracked software in iPads. iPads are handy and are less hassle than carrying laptops. I use many workaround to get things done in iPad which is a headache! Smaller screen on iPads for watching content in comparison to laptops (though screen on iPad is better) These are completely different products...comparing these two is like comparing apples to oranges! I use iPads only to study as my study apps and note taking is only available on it. For filling forms and document work laptop works seamless (many sites require you to use desktop version of chrome for filling online application). I had my Old iPad 6th until 2023 served me well over 5 years now my sister uses it. I bought the Apple iPad Air 5 last year at 42k on Amazon in GIF sale. Also you can use it as a casual gaming device for mobile games. M1 chip can sure handle some serious video editing if know how to use it. Identify your use case. Thanks.