• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is the 2nd best option to redeem MR points?

vikramsrit

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,
I understand MR to Marriott Bonvoy points gives the best value (specially with 30% bonus in Q4).
But, for family bookings of 4 (2 Adults + 2 kids less than 7), I see pathetic returns and minimal hotel options for all destinations.
So, what is the 2nd best option to redeem MR points? Are there any airline partners that give good returns and do they have bonus points promotions in the year?
I have approx 3 Lac MR points with me.

Thanks in advance.

Marriott points are worth about 30 to 35 Paisa when used for booking city centre Marriott hotels in the main tourist destinations.

But you can get more value than that for Marriott hotels in non tourist destinations, off the beaten path

Air India is 20000 all inclusive revenue flight for Delhi to London Heathrow one way.
so this implies that the virgin point is worth 50 paisa.
that AI Flight is only available on 1 date that too at the off peak time. virgin atlantic's revenue flight costs more than 50k or a minimum of 30-40k other than some exception dates obviously.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 17.13.52.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 17.13.52.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 9
Marriott points are worth about 30 to 35 Paisa when used for booking city centre Marriott hotels in the main tourist destinations.

But you can get more value than that for Marriott hotels in non tourist destinations, off the beaten path
yes i have seen the marriott hotel in rishikesh which gives an amazing value. there was another hotel in Maldives which was giving an amazing value.

The problem with me is, almost all Marriott hotels do not allow 4 persons in a room (2 adults + 2 kids aged 5 and 7). It makes zero sense for us to book 2 different rooms on vacation. Accor is much much better for a use case like mine.

Very interesting, so obviously Vistara is worth 3 x Marriott.
So if Vistara is worth 90 paisa, then Marriott is worth 30 paisa or vice versa.

I would assume Accor also to be worth 90 Paisa, because that is the value given to Accor points, when paying for food at the restaurants (without staying in the hotel)
You got it wrong. 3MR points = 1 CV point
1 MR point = 1 Marriott Bonvoy point

To make it simple let's assume 1 Amex point is 33 paisa (= conversion to Amazon pay 18k/24k rate)

3 Amex points = 1 Vistara mile
3 x 33 = 99 paisa = 1 Vistara mile

1 Amex point = 1 Marriott point
1 x 33 = 33 paisa = 1 Marriott point

This clearly shows that Vistara mile (99 paisa) is worth three times of Marriot point (33 paisa)

Last edited:
To make it simple let's assume 1 Amex point is 30 paisa (or whatever you wish)

3 Amex points = 1 Vistara mile
3 x 30 = 90 paisa = 1 Vistara mile

1 Amex point = 1 Marriott point
1 x 30 = 30 paisa = 1 Marriott point

This clearly shows that Vistara mile (90 paisa) is worth three times of Marriot point (30 paisa)
I’m paying by MR point. Not the other way. I get 1 unit value for Marriot point but just .33 unit value for CV point. So 1 Marriott point = 3x CV point

I’m paying by MR point. Not the other way. I get 1 unit value for Marriot point but just .33 unit value for CV point. So 1 Marriott point = 3x CV point
This is ridiculous! you are valuing marriott point at 3 times of vistara?
So if Vistara Mile is 90 paisa, you mean the Marriott point is Rs. 2.70 ???

Even the biggest Marriott fans and Amex fans would be laughing

Back