• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is the purpose of the virtual-only Axis VISA e-debit card when you already have the Axis Burgundy DC? How do I block this & get a new one?

xlr8

TF Buzz
This question is meant for Axis Burgundy tier customers, but might be applicable for all Axis Bank customers.
  1. Does the VISA e-debit card that you get when you open a Burgundy tier account earn you the same Reward Points as the physical Burgundy MasterCard debit card? If not, then what even is the purpose of this card?
  2. I see the option in NetBanking and Mobile Banking to block and request a new physical Burgundy MasterCard debit card, but I do not see the option to block and get a new VISA e-debit card? How do I block and get a new VISA e-debit card?

Does the VISA e-debit card that you get when you open a Burgundy tier account earn you the same Reward Points as the physical Burgundy MasterCard debit card? If not, then what even is the purpose of this card?
It is issued to those who open account via VKYC for account activation, and registering on NB/MB/UPI
I see the option in NetBanking and Mobile Banking to block and request a new physical Burgundy MasterCard debit card, but I do not see the option to block and get a new VISA e-debit card? How do I block and get a new VISA e-debit card?
There's no such option. Why do you even want to block the card, if you want to get it reissued?

It is issued to those who open account via VKYC for account activation, and registering on NB/MB/UPI
Ok, but does it earn the same Reward Points as the physical Burgundy DC?

There's no such option. Why do you even want to block the card, if you want to get it reissued?
Let's say that it gets compromised. Let's say that I entered and saved the card details on a merchant website, and the merchant website got hacked and my card details were one of the many that got leaked. Hypothetical scenario. What do I do then?

Ok, but does it earn the same Reward Points as the physical Burgundy DC?
There are virtual DCs being issued. One has some benefits and other do not. Share it's BIN, I will let you know if it is of some use or not
Let's say that it gets compromised. Let's say that I entered and saved the card details on a merchant website, and the merchant website got hacked and my card details were one of the many that got leaked. Hypothetical scenario. What do I do then?
Just block and move on.

There are virtual DCs being issued. One has some benefits and other do not. Share it's BIN, I will let you know if it is of some use or not
431731. Keep in mind, this is the virtual-only VISA e-debit card. I have the physical Burgundy MasterCard debit card as well, which is different from the e-debit card.

Just block and move on.
First of all, there is no option to block it from the NetBanking or Mobile Banking.
Secondly, I need this card to be reissued. Whenever you want to save a debit card on a merchant website, it’s safer to use this card instead of my actual Burgundy DC.

Last edited:
This question is meant for Axis Burgundy tier customers, but might be applicable for all Axis Bank customers.
  1. Does the VISA e-debit card that you get when you open a Burgundy tier account earn you the same Reward Points as the physical Burgundy MasterCard debit card? If not, then what even is the purpose of this card?
  2. I see the option in NetBanking and Mobile Banking to block and request a new physical Burgundy MasterCard debit card, but I do not see the option to block and get a new VISA e-debit card? How do I block and get a new VISA e-debit card?
Keep it
Ever if main dc is blocked
E Debit card creditial will help access account & security verification

Write the detail in piece of paper

The question remains - how do I get the e-debit card blocked and reissued (if there was a need to do so)?
Hopefully NO
The digi card is given when we open online Burgundy account for a weeks use till we receive welcome kit of Burgundy account
I never used that e card and so no fear of it leaked out
as far as I know we cant block or replace the e card unless we close account

Found the answer. Tried it as well, it works.

However, you can only block the virtual e-debit card. You cannot get it replaced.

So, go down this route only when you’re absolutely sure that you don’t need the e-debit card anymore.

The answer is: Chat with Axis Aha! (their AI chatbot)

Open the chatbot from within the Axis Mobile app, select Debit Card, and from there, anyone will be able to figure out what to do.

Back