• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What should I do with my Kotak MOJO

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
Let me first give you a little background of how I got this card. I was "cornered" by a Kotak agent at a PVR, and he went on waxing lyrical about the Kotak PVR Inox card. Now, I had been looking for a card that gave good discounts or offers for movie tickets, so I decided to listen (at this time, I wasn't too familiar with Kotak cards or the amount of nonsense their agents could spew).

The agent went on to lie about basically every benefit of the card and made me apply for it. Once I got the card and went to redeem all the benefits, I found out that I have been lied to. So, I wrote to the bank, asking them for an explanation for the deception and closure of the card. And that saga ended with their retention team upgrading my card to LTF MOJO.

Now, to the question itself. I don't like holding on to a card just for the sake of it, or just because it is LTF. So, given that Kotak cannot issue new cards, I was wondering if it would be possible to ask them for an actually useful upgrade? Or maybe if I'm missing a good feature of this card.

Basically, can I do something to make use of this card, or get an upgrade... Or should I just close it?

Let me first give you a little background of how I got this card. I was "cornered" by a Kotak agent at a PVR, and he went on waxing lyrical about the Kotak PVR Inox card. Now, I had been looking for a card that gave good discounts or offers for movie tickets, so I decided to listen (at this time, I wasn't too familiar with Kotak cards or the amount of nonsense their agents could spew).

The agent went on to lie about basically every benefit of the card and made me apply for it. Once I got the card and went to redeem all the benefits, I found out that I have been lied to. So, I wrote to the bank, asking them for an explanation for the deception and closure of the card. And that saga ended with their retention team upgrading my card to LTF MOJO.

Now, to the question itself. I don't like holding on to a card just for the sake of it, or just because it is LTF. So, given that Kotak cannot issue new cards, I was wondering if it would be possible to ask them for an actually useful upgrade? Or maybe if I'm missing a good feature of this card.

Basically, can I do something to make use of this card, or get an upgrade... Or should I just close it?
I don't think they will upgrade the card. but there is nothing wrong in trying. Email them and check.
If they don't upgrade, just keep the card as it's LTF.

When they start issuing new cards, you can apply for an upgrade.

Use the card, you can try to ask them for an upgrade to zen signature if they even oblige, else you can try after few months would be best from last upgrade. They most likely won’t say no since zen is a step up from mojo but wrt the ltf you may need to fight a bit.

Email them and check.
If they don't upgrade, just keep the card as it's LTF.

Will give it a shot

Use the card
I'll need to do a bit of research again, but from what I remember, it is not better in terms of rewards for any type of transaction when compared to the cards I hold. Even there, you'd have to call their customer service to get the max value on redemption (I never understood this logic)

else you can try after few months would be best from last upgrade
It has been more than 3 months since the initial upgrade. I got this upgrade in mid-March, so long enough to give it a go?

Will give it a shot

I'll need to do a bit of research again, but from what I remember, it is not better in terms of rewards for any type of transaction when compared to the cards I hold. Even there, you'd have to call their customer service to get the max value on redemption (I never understood this logic)

It has been more than 3 months since the initial upgrade. I got this upgrade in mid-March, so long enough to give it a go?
You can try, i believe they are barred from issuing new cards, upgrades maybe they allow. You can surely try it.
Either ways compared to any other cards kotak cards aren’t as rewarding. So if you have ltf then it’s fine, or else if it’s your first card.
You can find the comparison between zen and mojo on their website to help you make a better decision. I spent about 30k since I got the upgrade and i guess I would’ve redeemed little under 2000 worth cash back which also includes 1500 points on joining if fee paid. 100 rs for every 400 points.

Back