• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What's up with Paytm Payment Gateway replacing merchant's names of sites such as Jio, Flipkart, and others with their own for card transactions?

CosmicCat

TF Ace
Multiple times, I've noticed that in my credit card statement, transactions from sites like Flipkart and Jio appear as "Paytm" instead of their respective merchant names. It doesn't happen when the merchants use other payment gateways.

I want my statements to show the actual merchant names for clarity in case of disputes or other needs. While I understand there might be marketing reasons for this, Paytm should fix it.

Last edited:
Multiple times, I've noticed that in my credit card statement, transactions from the sites/apps such as Flipkart and Jio appear as "Paytm" instead of their respective merchant names. And it doesn't happen when the merchants used other payment gateways.

I prefer my statements clean with the real merchant names to tally in the future for any disputes or other purposes.

I'm pretty sure there must be marketing reasons behind this, but Paytm really needs to address this.
True.

That's real pain in A**.

Multiple times, I've noticed that in my credit card statement, transactions from sites like Flipkart and Jio appear as "Paytm" instead of their respective merchant names. It doesn't happen when the merchants use other payment gateways.

I want my statements to show the actual merchant names for clarity in case of disputes or other needs. While I understand there might be marketing reasons for this, Paytm should fix it.
This has become very serious off-late. Most merchants have started to use the Paytm payment gateway again lately, and hence my statement is filled with transactions with "Paytm" mentioned. Tracking the transactions has become really difficult now.

Paytm ko jitni bhi gaali do, kum hai. 😡 Hope RBI punishes them with more bamboos. Tabhi yeh log sudhrenge.

and in this case, if something goes wrong and you had to raise a dispute/chargeback. Your payment bank will deny to even raise it saying they need Merchant confirmation that the service was not provide. Here the actual merchant and merchant showing in the transaction would be different. and Paytm will never help you.
I have been in this situation. for me, the amount was very less- 99rs. Even RBIO didn't help.

Back