• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Where to buy GBP as currency in Kerala?

Company is sending me to UK for 2 months for business trip. As per Company T&C they will give us a Forex Card loaded with GBP.

We have to spend for personal transactions. I already have World Safari which I think will be good for foreign transactions both in UK and wherever I have my inbetween layover.

Suppose I need to buy in some small shops in UK where they dont accept Credit Card I am planning to keep a few GBP as currency just in case.

Since I am from Kerala I would like to know which Forex provides best rates for buying Currency here. Most of the big Forex like Lulu, Orient, Ebixcash, Unimoni, Ahalia are here and comparing these 5 I found Ebixcash having the bext rates.

Is there any other Forex I am missing whose rates I should check? Anybody travelling from Kerala to foreign often especiallyurope and UK where do you go to buy your Foreign currency and what all documents you need to provide for the same.

Thanks for the help in advance

Found orient having good rates. Varies by city. Their website has specific rates as per city. Lulu and airport all expensive. In an emergency if u go to airport try the banks federal will give better rates than lulu.

Found orient having good rates. Varies by city. Their website has specific rates as per city. Lulu and airport all expensive. In an emergency if u go to airport try the banks federal will give better rates than lulu.
I found Ebixcash cheaper than Orient by a few paisa not too much I will never use Airport thats too costly

Airport has the worst rate across the globe try buying with a city dealer

Bookmyforex will give you good rate (get a referral, you'll get additional discount) DM me if needed.

Also, your Forex card should have free withdrawl. You can directly withdraw money in UK
If you have friends in UK, pay them in INR and get GBP

Bookmyforex will give you good rate (get a referral, you'll get additional discount) DM me if needed.

Also, your Forex card should have free withdrawl. You can directly withdraw money in UK
If you have friends in UK, pay them in INR and get GBP
I dont need card require cash as company will give me card with GBP loaded

Company is sending me to UK for 2 months for business trip. As per Company T&C they will give us a Forex Card loaded with GBP.

We have to spend for personal transactions. I already have World Safari which I think will be good for foreign transactions both in UK and wherever I have my inbetween layover.

Suppose I need to buy in some small shops in UK where they dont accept Credit Card I am planning to keep a few GBP as currency just in case.

Since I am from Kerala I would like to know which Forex provides best rates for buying Currency here. Most of the big Forex like Lulu, Orient, Ebixcash, Unimoni, Ahalia are here and comparing these 5 I found Ebixcash having the bext rates.

Is there any other Forex I am missing whose rates I should check? Anybody travelling from Kerala to foreign often especiallyurope and UK where do you go to buy your Foreign currency and what all documents you need to provide for the same.

Thanks for the help in advance
I travel once every year to Ireland (and using my BIVS Ireland visa, freely tour UK as well). I mainly change currency at a shop nearby (I'm from Thalassery, Kannur Dist). Always gets best rates. more or less equals to google rates

Or just enable international transactions on your indian debit card and use it abroad. For small amounts you don't have to take so much headache. It is not worth taking the effort for few 100 rs. (my view may be wrong).

Or just enable international transactions on your indian debit card and use it abroad. For small amounts you don't have to take so much headache. It is not worth taking the effort for few 100 rs. (my view may be wrong).
If they accept card I can use forex card its for places where they dont accept card I am worried about

You book online and they deliver at your home address (atleast to major cities)
Will check if they service my pincode

Also I have my transit via DOHA since its Qatar Airways. Any items that I purchase in DOHA how will I be paying for it?

I am planning to use either my World Safari (most likely) or my Niyo (less likely) to pay will that be a goofd option or can I pay with any forex that I have left?

Also I have my transit via DOHA since its Qatar Airways. Any items that I purchase in DOHA how will I be paying for it?

I am planning to use either my World Safari (most likely) or my Niyo (less likely) to pay will that be a goofd option or can I pay with any forex that I have left?
DOHA will accept USD or any other currency (post conversion rate). You can use any card, which allows international transactions
I doubt Niyo will work

Check out BookMyForex. The rates are better than what you would find at local money changers. The currency gets delivered to the location within a few hours.

Back