• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which bank is the most preferred one for Home Loan

tuhin

TF Premier
I know many people will select SBI as the preferred one but I have a bitter experience with them, they were offering me the highest interest rates even after having good cibil score & charging here & there which is unclear. So, I am little curious about public opinion.

I know many people will select SBI as the preferred one but I have a bitter experience with them, they were offering me the highest interest rates even after having good cibil score & charging here & there which is unclear. So, I am little curious about public opinion.
I had no experience with Home loans..
Have a look at HSBC Home loans..

I have a 8 year old homeloan. At that point of time DBS bank was giving competative rates with zero processing fee so i had opt for them.
Recently i have applied for BOB home loan advantage for transferring my loan. Following are the benefits due to which i have opt for them :-

1. One of the best intrest rate of 8.4% (based on your cibil offcourse)
2. Any amount you keep in saving account than home loan intrest won't be charged on that account. This is a very beneficial product and same product SBI provide at more than 8.8% intrest.
3. If you directly apply via branch without including any agent in between than processing charge is only Rs.1500 and that too will be adjusted in your first EMI. So technically zero processing fee.
4. I also read in forum that you may get good debit and CC card if you have radiance relationship with them. I will try for it in future for that too.

So do your analysis for lowest intrest, processing and avoid any insurance cover as much as you can.

Hope this helps.

Back