• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which card is best in July 2024 for insurance payment

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Please suggest which is the best credit card for insurance payment in July 2024

As things keep changing so rapidly I wasnt able to figure out from the earlier replies if the same cc rules still hold...
I am aware of the apay voucher method and that is my preferred method too...however, a couple of my parents' policy payment come through from some direct agent link and wont be possible through apay

Cards that i have : Infinia, M4b, Swiggy HDFC, Tata neu hdfc

Please suggest which is the best credit card for insurance payment in July 2024

As things keep changing so rapidly I wasnt able to figure out from the earlier replies if the same cc rules still hold...
I am aware of the apay voucher method and that is my preferred method too...however, a couple of my parents' policy payment come through from some direct agent link and wont be possible through apay

Cards that i have : Infinia, M4b, Swiggy HDFC, Tata neu hdfc
Please include the premium details. Given the updated rules that impose limits on how much we can use a particular card, this information will make it easier for people to recommend the best card.

But none of them have the most up to date information
This is not sufficient for you?

But none of them have the most up to date information
Kindly mark this as your solution--

Pay all insurance using Amazon pay.
If your insurance policy does not accept Amazon pay, then switch to an insurance policy which accepts Amazon pay; because they are all similar.

Then buy Amazon pay using--
1. HDFC infinia or DCB on Smartbuy 5x for 13.71% return
2a. Magnus burgundy on Giftedge 2x for 9.60% return (below 1.5 lac)
2b. Magnus burgundy on Amazon app for 14.00% return (above 1.5 lac)
3. Axis Select or privilege on gift edge 2x for 8.00% return
4.. HDFC millennia on SmartBuy for 6.00% return

If you don't have any of these cards, you can apply for them and then buy Amazon pay and then use Amazon pay to pay all insurance.
kindly mark this as the solution

Last edited:
This is not sufficient for you?

No I had gone through this thread

It doesn't even include HDFC Infinia as an option because OP didnt have that card

Please include the premium details. Given the updated rules that impose limits on how much we can use a particular card, this information will make it easier for people to recommend the best card.
I dont know the exact premium as of now but last year the premiums were 40568 for 1 policy and 12k for another one

Kindly mark this as your solution--
Pay all insurance using Amazon pay.

Buy Amazon pay using--
1. HDFC infinia or DCB on Smartbuy 5x for 13.71% return
2a. Magnus burgundy on Giftedge 2x for 9.60% return (below 1.5 lac)
2b. Magnus burgundy on Amazon app for 14.00% return (above 1.5 lac)
3. Axis Select or privilege on gift edge 2x for 8.00% return
4.. HDFC millennia on SmartBuy for 6.00% return

If you don't have any of these cards, you can apply for them and then buy Amazon pay and then use Amazon pay to pay all insurance.
kindly mark this as the solution
Thanks for the comprehensive details ... however as I said in OP...I know about apay being the option...but these policies dont have an option for apay

No I had gone through this thread

It doesn't even include HDFC Infinia as an option because OP didnt have that card
I see infinia mentioned there in some reply

I see infinia mentioned there in some reply
Great hope your query has been answered. Report my thread and move on if you have such an issue with it or too much free time

Remember buying insurance is like buying a lottery ticket.
(In a lottery, over 99% of the punters lose 100% of the money bet 100% of the time.)

That is why the government has mandated a statutory warning for all insurance products being sold--
"Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation"

Just like the statutory warning on all the cigarette packs
"Cigarette smoking is insurance to health"

Last edited:
Thanks porting the policy is not possible at this age for my parents as they are above 70. Over the lifetime of this policy we have claimed the insurance many times and never faced any issues so there is no reason to port as well.

Please recommend which is the best option besides amazon pay

Thanks porting the policy is not possible at this age for my parents as they are above 70. Over the lifetime of this policy we have claimed the insurance many times and never faced any issues so there is no reason to port as well.

Please recommend which is the best option besides amazon pay
What insurance policy of which company ?

Back