• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why banks don't provide statement date upfront?

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have noticed this weird behaviour with quite a few banks, and want to know from knowledgeable people on this forum about it.
Why does banks don't readily provide statement date for new cards which are issued.
In my exp, this info is neither provided in welcome letter nor is shown on the app for new customers.
Either users have to call CC & ask an Agent (which is getting difficult day by day), or wait for first statement to be generated.

Why does the banks not provide this info upfront??
(Weird that welcome letter has card number, card limit, cash limit, etc...., but not the statement date)

Cuz it depends on when you activate the card. If you live in metro, you might get it & activate it within 2days. Whereas it takes 1-2 days for parcel to move from nearest hub to delivery location in remote areas.

Most of the time you can get it from bot in app or WhatsApp.

Last edited:
I have noticed this weird behaviour with quite a few banks, and want to know from knowledgeable people on this forum about it.
Why does banks don't readily provide statement date for new cards which are issued.
In my exp, this info is neither provided in welcome letter nor is shown on the app for new customers.
Either users have to call CC & ask an Agent (which is getting difficult day by day), or wait for first statement to be generated.

(Weird that welcome letter has card number, card limit, cash limit, etc...., but not the statement date)
Actually it is a very very valid question.. never thought about it.. let me think about it or do some research…

Its ~30 days from the date of issuance?
Not all the times …
Cuz it depends on when you activate the card. If you live in metro, you might get it & activate it within 2days. Whereas it takes 1-2 days for parcel to move from nearest hub to delivery location.

Most of the time you can get it from bot in app or WhatsApp.
this is also not necessarily correct. Some banks have some fixed slots irrespective of your activation date.. this may result in quite a less than 30 day period.//
There must be something else

Not all the times …

this is also not necessarily correct. Some banks have some fixed slots irrespective of your activation date.. this may result in quite a less than 30 day period.//
There must be something else
I am saying that might be a reason. Recently indusind generated 1st bill with jf, even before he activated the card. May be others are avoiding situation like this. Instead of automatic generation, they are using some trigger which activates when you activate or do 1st transaction.

Some banks do write the statement day on welcome letter.

Reactions: SSV
I am saying that might be a reason. Recently indusind generated 1st bill with jf, even before he activated the card. May be others are avoiding situation like this. Instead of automatic generation, they are using some trigger which activates when you activate or do 1st transaction.
That happens bcoz banks already hv pre-determined dates for each card issued to the user.
You can know your statement date even before card activatiin by calling CC.
As long as there is more than 0.0 due amount on the pre-determined date, statement will be generated.
In rare cases, where you recv card near to that date, and it's a paid card, such situations happen.

Eg: All Airtel-Axis cards hv fixed date of 12 every month for statement by default.

Some banks have multiple date slots for statement generation for specific card variants.

@sidp Hope you are are a grown up guy/girl. Otherwise, based on your activities, you seem like a SOYBOY.
Disliked your post on this thread, because it's factually incorrect. But you got butt-hurt.

But, if you indeed are a SOYBOY, then dislike few more of my posts, you will feel better. And hit the mouse/touchpad hard, when you click dislike on few more of the my posts.
Screenshot from 2024-03-02 11-07-08.png

Back