• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why still axis is better for family vacation in hotel stays

ujjwal2024

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
After doing some reading about hotel booking, I learnt that
1) Marriott never allows to book higher quality rooms and rooms with food by points...It only gives basic room...that also costly
2) Taj is fuzzy..sometimes allows staycation package to pay by vouchers, sometimes not....
Foods separately is very costly in both
whereas
Accor booking is very simple...you book and pay your final bill with points by 2000 points = 40 euro rate (sometimes tax you have to pay by cash only)

Hence, for Family vacation with foods, ACCOR gives most value for money for its Points programme

Hence, My interest in AMEX is reduced considerably.

and ACCOR points can never be bought by any means...it must be earned though credit card or stay at the hotel
Now In India, only HDFC and AXIS credit card gives accor points

Now for HDFC, The accor conversion rate is 2:1 only
Let us consider Infinia: Normal rate is 5 point per rs 150 spend...and 2:1 conversion....i.e 1.67 Point Per Rs.100
5X spend on Smartbuy: 25 point per Rs. 150 spend and 2:a conversion 8.35 point per Rs. 100
Now for Axis Atlas: Normal rate is 2 Rp per Rs. 100 and 1:2 conversion means 4 Point per Rs. 100
Direct Hotel and flight booking 5RP per Rs. 100 and 1:2 conversion means 10 points per Rs. 100
I am not very well aware about magnus and M4B...I only assume it must be better.

Note that you can convert Axis points into Marrioot points but conversion of AMEX points into accor will give you very very little value

In this respect, which credit card or Tricks you suggest for BEST accumulation of ACCOR points

Last edited:
Back