• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why you should not edit your Credit Card statement, ITR, or any other income documents for getting any Credit product.

yashrajjhawar7

Yash Raj
In today's growing world credit products are sometimes necessary to fulfill any financial desires that are very expensive like big purchases, Home loans, etc.

And in recent times, Credit Cards have become insanely popular among everyone from youngsters to adults everyone wants a Credit Card to fulfill their everyday needs and to enjoy some extra perks that Credit Cards offer like sales, brand offers, and rewards points, etc.

And in India we have two ways for getting a Credit Card, one is showing your income by furnishing your ITR, salary slips, and bank statements, and the other way is Card to Card process which requires you to furnish the statement copy of your existing Credit Card in order to get a Card.

And here most of the people show their legit income or Credit Card statements but there are some people who are happening to practice inappropriate things like editing their ITR/Salary Slips and even their Credit Card statements and using these tampered documents for getting Credit Cards and this has been happening a lot these days.

But here people forget that every document you provide gets cross-checked with your CIBIL records and if for some reason the details couldn't be verified from CIBIL then banks interconnect with each other to verify the provided documents.

And also in the coming days, Account Aggregator Network will be in full operation which will allow banks to share the data of the people more seamlessly with each other for verifying the people who apply for any Loan or Credit Card.

And as soon as the bank knows that a person has produced tampered documents they will outright reject the application and ban that particular person permanently from getting any product. And in the coming days with Account Aggregator Network even if you do any fraud with A bank then in future the bank B may also refuse to provide you any financial support as they'll clearly know about the fraud that person did with the bank A.

And banks also may go for legal proceedings and if you're proven guilty then you may be booked under the following sections of the IPC.

1. Section 420 Cheating And Dishonesty -Shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

2. Section 463 Forgery - Imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, and shall also be liable to fine.

3. Section 465 - Whoever commits forgery shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.

So to conclude this I strictly do not recommend the presentation of any fake documents for any Credit Card or Loan because it is totally illegal and you'll definitely face big legal trouble if caught.

Last edited:
In today's growing world credit products are sometimes necessary to fulfill any financial desires that are very expensive like big purchases, Home loans, etc.

And in recent times, Credit Cards have become insanely popular among everyone from youngsters to adults everyone wants a Credit Card to fulfill their everyday needs and to enjoy some extra perks that Credit Cards offer like sales, brand offers, and rewards points, etc.

And in India we have two ways for getting a Credit Card, one is showing your income by furnishing your ITR, salary slips, and bank statements, and the other way is Card to Card process which requires you to furnish the statement copy of your existing Credit Card in order to get a Card.

And here most of the people show their legit income or Credit Card statements but there are some people who are happening to practice inappropriate things like editing their ITR/Salary Slips and even their Credit Card statements and using these tampered documents for getting Credit Cards and this has been happening a lot these days.

But here people forget that every document you provide gets cross-checked with your CIBIL records and if for some reason the details couldn't be verified from CIBIL then banks interconnect with each other to verify the provided documents.

And also in the coming days, Account Aggregator Network will be in full operation which will allow banks to share the data of the people more seamlessly with each other for verifying the people who apply for any Loan or Credit Card.

And as soon as the bank knows that a person has produced tampered documents they will outright reject the application and ban that particular person permanently from getting any product. And in the coming days with Account Aggregator Network even if you do any fraud with A bank then in future the bank B may also refuse to provide you any financial support as they'll clearly know about the fraud that person did with the bank A.

And banks also may go for legal proceedings and if you're proven guilty then you may be booked under the following sections of the IPC.

1. Section 420 Cheating And Dishonesty -Shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

2. Section 463 Forgery - Imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, and shall also be liable to fine.

3. Section 465 - Whoever commits forgery shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.

So to conclude this I strictly do not recommend the presentation of any fake documents for any Credit Card or Loan because it is totally illegal and you'll definitely face big legal trouble if caught.
Excellent points. Document tampering should never be encouraged.

I only want to add one point:

Your total income as reported in CIBIL is completely unrelated to your actual income as reported in the ITR. And this will stay the same way even after RBI Account Aggregator Framework gets more deep-rooted.

I will give my own example. My income as reported on my CIBIL is 360 Million! Really! Check this out!

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 9.56.05 PM.png
Do I earn 360 Million?
No way!

Did I mention my income as 36 Lakhs while applying for a Credit Card?
Nopes!

Did I forge any Income Documents?
Lol... No.

Till now I own 12 Credit Cards, and never I had to furnish my ITR to obtain any CC. All of them were either pre-approved, or I applied and got approved without any income documents or with CC Statement (real statement, not edited).

These values are put by Banks / Financial Institutions themselves.

So, reported values matching or not matching with your actual Income, don't worry about it.

But yes, forging documents should be avoided completely. Cheers. 😅

Last edited:

Your total income as reported in CIBIL is completely unrelated to your actual income as reported in the ITR. And this will stay the same way even after RBI Account Aggregator Framework gets more deep-rooted.

I will give my own example. My income as reported on my CIBIL is 36 Lakhs! Really! Check this out!

View attachment 697
Do I earn 36 Lakhs?
No way!

Nopes!

Lol... No.

Till now I own 12 Credit Cards, and never I had to furnish my ITR to obtain any CC. All of them were either pre-approved, or I applied and got approved without any income documents or with CC Statement (real statement, not edited).

So, reported values matching or not matching with your actual Income, don't worry about it.

36L 😂😂 bob ki harkat lagti hain yeh 😂

Now a days... Sbi is scanning the documents with some software..... sbi agents are notorious to forge cc statements inorder to get the card approved..... They have some monthly targets to complete....

I will give my own example. My income as reported on my CIBIL is 360 Million! Really! Check this out!

View attachment 697
Do I earn 360 Million?
No way!

Nopes!

Lol... No.

Paisa hi Paisa hoga ab, Ameer wali scheme hat lag gayi 🥲🥲🧐🧐🧐😂😂.

I've recently applied for HDFC credit card 8 months ago and my RM Kept it as Salaried even tough I'm a student. (also, my account was earlier a corporate salary account (now preferred) and the CC is a pre approved. So, she suggested to put it that way.)

and wen I went to axis bank in March for C2C process. he kept my details as doing business from the past 2 years with 2 employees under me. And the result of Axis can be pretty much guessed... yes my card application was rejected.
Bcoz, in the CIBIL 8 months ago I was reported as salary by HDFC and now, the Axis agent reported me as a business person from 2 yrs. So, my application was straight away rejected by Axis in 1 day.
Upon mailing PNO for asking the reason for rejection, they just said, "we cannot reveal the reason for the same, but u may apply back after 6 months for a new CC" .

now, my question is will the axis bank ban me from taking any new cards in future. (I've not forged any of my documents, I've only submitted my CC statement which is of 3L limit).

Or shall I myself put a mail to Axis PNO, that though I'm a student ur agent forced me to put it as business?

View attachment 697
Do I earn 360 Million?
No way!

Nopes!

Lol... No.

you have use cibil.com to get this report right! it might be a weird question cause i never knew cause i always got credit score report through cred

I've recently applied for HDFC credit card 8 months ago and my RM Kept it as Salaried even tough I'm a student. (also, my account was earlier a corporate salary account (now preferred) and the CC is a pre approved. So, she suggested to put it that way.)

and wen I went to axis bank in March for C2C process. he kept my details as doing business from the past 2 years with 2 employees under me. And the result of Axis can be pretty much guessed... yes my card application was rejected.
Bcoz, in the CIBIL 8 months ago I was reported as salary by HDFC and now, the Axis agent reported me as a business person from 2 yrs. So, my application was straight away rejected by Axis in 1 day.
Upon mailing PNO for asking the reason for rejection, they just said, "we cannot reveal the reason for the same, but u may apply back after 6 months for a new CC" .

now, my question is will the axis bank ban me from taking any new cards in future. (I've not forged any of my documents, I've only submitted my CC statement which is of 3L limit).

Or shall I myself put a mail to Axis PNO, that though I'm a student ur agent forced me to put it as business?
No axis will not ban you for this. Don't worry. As long as you don't upload any fake document, you are safe...
Axis bank rejection reason can be different too...
Don't worry. Apply for Axis card after few months using c2c method.

Back