• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

YFE card LTF or not?

Hi All,

I received YFE card today which the agent had told me would be LTF. However i cant see it mentioned anywhere in the welcome kit. I only see credit limit and cash limit. I am not able to reach Yes bank CC via the numbers provided. IS there any way to confirm whether its LTF or not?

Attachments

• 20230612_122620.jpg
    20230612_122620.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 83
Hi All,

I received YFE card today which the agent had told me would be LTF. However i cant see it mentioned anywhere in the welcome kit. I only see credit limit and cash limit. I am not able to reach Yes bank CC via the numbers provided. IS there any way to confirm whether its LTF or not?
always ask on email, no phone call.
send email to their pno if no one is responding (yes Bank doesn't respond timely).

I hope you have not activated the card.
in that case, you will receive multiple calls from them to activate the card, at that time, tell them about this problem and to send you Ltf confirmation over email.

always ask on email, no phone call.
send email to their pno if no one is responding (yes Bank doesn't respond timely).

I hope you have not activated the card.
in that case, you will receive multiple calls from them to activate the card, at that time, tell them about this problem and to send you Ltf confirmation over email.
Yes, I havent activated the card yet. Let me wait for couple of weeks to see if I get any call for activation.

Will there be any affect on my cibil if I dont activate the card? Can they still charge me joining fees without activation?

Yes, I havent activated the card yet. Let me wait for couple of weeks to see if I get any call for activation.

Will there be any affect on my cibil if I dont activate the card? Can they still charge me joining fees without activation?
1) in my opinion, it should not affect cibil. I have never seen 'unactivated' card as a factor affecting cibil. whatever impact had to happen would have already happened when an enquiry was added to your report.
2) they might charge you 'issuance/joining fee' because the card was issued. a good way for banks to ensure that users don't just apply for a card and let it go stale.

since I have never let a card go stale by not activating it, I would defer the answer to this question to experts to correct me if I am wrong.

1) in my opinion, it should not affect cibil. I have never seen 'unactivated' card as a factor affecting cibil. whatever impact had to happen would have already happened when an enquiry was added to your report.
2) they might charge you 'issuance/joining fee' because the card was issued. a good way for banks to ensure that users don't just apply for a card and let it go stale.

since I have never let a card go stale by not activating it, I would defer the answer to this question to experts to correct me if I am wrong.
I would suggest communicating to the customer care and letting them know that you won't activate the card because you were missold the card as ltf (I hope there is some proof you have which you can provide). and also asking them about joining fees (put everything on email). that way you can go to RBI if you want to, in case they charge you joining fees, as you have on record that it was a case of misselling and that you had escalated it.
but if you let the card go unactivated, you might not have any other recourse as the bank and RBI would think that you were just lazy to activate the card and now claiming refund for joining fees.

Hi All,

on a side note, how did you apply C2C or via ITR / Salary slip? also, do you hold a Yes bank account?

sorry for hijacking

Hi All,

Refer this solved thread -

Back