• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia 2 HDFC credit Cards

If I have 2 credit cards from hdfc(millennia and tata neu infinity), does hdfc report 2 different cards In cibil or as a single card for both?

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
But AFAIK, the limits of the cards are shared, so if they're reporting separately, what limit are they mentioning?
Also, could someone post a snippet from cibil report to understand this better?
Yess, the limits of the cards are shared, but shows separately like Axis cards.

Attachments

• IMG_20240330_123600.jpg
    IMG_20240330_123600.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 39

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
But doesn't this increase overall unsecured debt exposure?
Also, other banks might reject new card applications stating "over-leveraged" when they access our report..... Can we ask them to report as single card on CIBIL?

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Also, other banks might reject new card applications stating "over-leveraged" when they access our report..... Can we ask them to report as single card on CIBIL?
Yess, I am facing this issue due to which, HDFC and SBI have rejected my CLI request infinity times even after sharing 10L ITR.
Due to 4 axis cards reporting in CIBIL, it shows 9L, which is completely over-leveraged.

sidp

TF Ace
Yeah that problem does arise.
All depends on the bank.
In icici you have one primary gemstone card. Rest are secondary. So all gemstone cards have single account. But cobranded cards have different account.

Hdfc is the weirdest. Even if you claim a floater card on a core card. It has different billing, payment and reporting.

All this helps people who are new to cc or who have less no of cards. But this is bad for card accumulators like "ltf4life" gang. Its common for sbi/yes even hdfc to decline application for being "Over leveraged ".

And you can ask them to report as single card but they won't. They have their sop. Unless rbi forces them to change it , they won't. Until recently hdfc knowingly used to report only highest used limit as full credit limit. This used to increase credit utilization and hamper credit score. They changed it only after rbi forced them.

Last edited:

axb

TF Buzz
For me its 3 Active cards on CIBIL. I had upgraded from Tata neu Plus to Infinity bit still the Plus one shows Active in CIBIL and bank denies to close that in CIBIL

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For me its 3 Active cards on CIBIL. I had upgraded from Tata neu Plus to Infinity bit still the Plus one shows Active in CIBIL and bank denies to close that in CIBIL
Old account will get closed within 90 days and new one will appear within 30-45 days.
*Most likely 😄

sidp

TF Ace
90 days have already passed. New account appeared. Bank says wont close old account 😂
CIBIL dispute also rejected.
Old account will get closed within 90 days and new one will appear within 30-45 days.
*Most likely 😄
Yes hdfc does that. Rbi says card once cancelled should be reported within 45days. But as it is upgrade not cancellation, Hdfc found a loopholes. Hdfc regularly does these things which is bad for customers. It is just a ploy to restrict customers from moving to competition.

• Wow
Reactions: axb

lightwaves

TF Premier
Yes hdfc does that. Rbi says card once cancelled should be reported within 45days. But as it is upgrade not cancellation, Hdfc found a loopholes. Hdfc regularly does these things which is bad for customers. It is just a ploy to restrict customers from moving to competition.
O H o H

axb

TF Buzz
Gems of HDFC