• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

8% rewards on citi dc for cc bill payment?

jeevanreddy58

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
🚨Verified: Citibank Debit Card holders who have been migrated to Axis Bank can earn 8% miles for credit card bill payments!

And this is because our favorite bank works on the concept of assigning a static value of 0.2 per ER irrespective of the fact that these miles can be converted at 5:4/5:2/5:1. The benefit has been designed to keep match the cash value, but creates an opportunity for earning miles and much better rate. (8% is insane if you hold Burgundy Debit Card (migrated from Citi Gold)) .

So this is a great opportunity if you hold Magnus Burgundy or Magnus to make use of the "Rules" and get upto 8% on credit card bill payments as 4900 MCC is not excluded! (Carried forward from Citi)

You can use SBI Unipay / JioFinance which tag CC payments as utilities.

The value you can get out of it depends on the ratio you're able to convert at, I know most of us don't have Magnus Burgundy, but if you can get Magnus card to convert miles at 5:2, you can still make use of this opportunity, worst case you'll make 1.6% which is also amazing for paying your CC bills! To apply for Magnus you can use this link : bitli.in/gGIDhza and get 5:2.

Refer to the attached image for the benefits as per the card you hold. Also attaching list of mcc exclusions in the first comment, and Tnc for each card in second.

Personally, I was holding Basic Citibank DC, and it has been converted to Liberty for both me and my wife's account. I can use it at 3.2% since I hold Burgundy Private, and she can convert at 1.6% as she holds Magnus (non burgundy)

If you found this useful, don't forget to follow me at @ccg33k

PS: This is not a bug/glitch and everything is by the book/tnc. The utility platforms are also from SBI/Reliance. 😄

Dont forget to tag any ex Citi users in comments so they can make use of these insane reward rate.

#ccgeek #creditcards

Note : copied from Twitter post. Please verify if this process really works or not

Attachments

• Exclusions.webp
    Exclusions.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 35
  • RewardRate.webp
    RewardRate.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 34
Lol I was thinking that 10/100 is a typo, but it turns out it's not🤣. Debit card giving more rewards than credit card now.

Any existing burgundy user tried block and replace if they issue Citi bin cards or old ones?

Reactions: BVC
1) This is only for Citibank migrated DCs
2) You've to use your old Citibank DC
3) Existing Axis DC won't get this benefit as utilities are excluded on Axis Debit cards.
4) To check which card you migrated to, login to Axis net banking
5) Conversion Ratio depends on the card you hold, BP/Magnus Burgundy will give you 5:4 (80%), Reserve/Magnus will give you 5:2 (40%), else points can be converted to cash at 5:1 (20%)

Last edited:
This is for only certain migrated debit cards with the bin numbers listed in the snapshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-27-01-44-24-975_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-27-01-44-24-975_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.webp
    788.7 KB · Views: 42
These are only citigold and citigold private client debit cards.

I don't think so, because burgundy has 7 bin numbers listed in the burgundy debit card pdf, where as priority has 4 bin numbers listed in the priority debit card pdf. Liberty debit card has no bin numbers mentioned. Also all the other pdfs have exclusions lists, except for Burgundy debit cards for migrated accounts.
So the bin numbers in the PDF are for that variant of card only.
The debit cards migrated from Citi to Axis have a different ER ratio and features than what the same debit card for existing Axis users are.

Attachments

I don't think so, because burgundy has 7 bin numbers listed in the burgundy debit card pdf, where as priority has 4 bin numbers listed in the priority debit card pdf. Liberty debit card has no bin numbers mentioned. Also all the other pdfs have exclusions lists, except for Burgundy debit cards for migrated accounts.
So the bin numbers in the PDF are for that variant of card only.
The debit cards migrated from Citi to Axis have a different ER ratio and features than what the same debit card for existing Axis users are.
This is interesting. So, does it mean no exclusions for Burgundy Debit cards with specified bins🤩?

I see Burgundy and Priority have different bms offers and that they are handling based on bin numbers. And I assume edge points are also based on that.

But for liberty, there is no such bms offer and no bin number is specified. So, if I assume liberty bin number is same for axis and Citi, how are they distinguishing between old axis and old Citi customers for edge points? I think they just missed to mention the citi bin numbers here.

This is interesting. So, does it mean no exclusions for Burgundy Debit cards with specified bins🤩?

I see Burgundy and Priority have different bms offers and that they are handling based on bin numbers.

But for liberty, there is no such offer and no bin number is specified. So, if I assume liberty bin number is same for axis and Citi, how are they distinguishing between old axis and old Citi customers? I think they just missed to mention the citi bin numbers here.

So right, they could have missed to mention the bin numbers for liberty, but it sure seems like that there are no exclusions for Burgundy debit cards for migrated accounts with these bin numbers, OR they have forgotten / purposely not mention those exclusions. Also if you see the features, the migrated burgundy debit has golf and better features than existing Axis burgundy debit cards.
Now the point is how long will they keep this bifurcation. They shouldn't devalue and make it all the same in 3-6 months time.

So right, they could have missed to mention the bin numbers for liberty, but it sure seems like that there are no exclusions for Burgundy debit cards for migrated accounts with these bin numbers, OR they have forgotten / purposely not mention those exclusions. Also if you see the features, the migrated burgundy debit has golf and better features than existing Axis burgundy debit cards.
Now the point is how long will they keep this bifurcation. They shouldn't devalue and make it all the same in 3-6 months time.
I checked old Citi site and found some exclusions for old debit cards. Maybe that will continue for Burgundy Debit card variants. Very few exclusions here though. And most importantly wallet is not listed.

Reward Points do not accrue on any purchases/spends made on the debit card (whether used online or through physical swipes) for mutual fund payments, insurance premium payments, electronic-tax payments, railway ticket purchases using IRCTC.com, donations, credit card balance payments or loan payments etc.

Forex charges on old Citi debit cards seem to be 2.5%. That is also better than current 3.5%.

Last edited:
So for me, I had a Citi Suvidha account which moved to Axis. In axis I have a burgundy account. The equivalent card for Citi in axis shows as liberty debit card as per 1-1 migration, however I will get a burgundy debit card since my migrated account is now mapped with axis burgundy account.
So yes, I guess if the 1-1 mapping stays the same the same exclusions of Citi may hold.

Exclusions for liberty debit card migrated to Axis from Citi..
But nothing is mentioned for Burgundy debit card.. so no exclusions???

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-27-15-04-57-586_com.google.android.apps.docs.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-27-15-04-57-586_com.google.android.apps.docs.webp
    934.3 KB · Views: 16
Exclusions for liberty debit card migrated to Axis from Citi..
But nothing is mentioned for Burgundy debit card.. so no exclusions???
I meant for other cards, exclusions are mentioned, so that will be in effect. But for Burgundy, it is not mentioned, so it will continue as per old rules. Or, like u said, they forgot to add exclusions for Burgundy and same will apply here as well. Need someone to test and comment.

I meant for other cards, exclusions are mentioned, so that will be in effect. But for Burgundy, it is not mentioned, so it will continue as per old rules. Or, like u said, they forgot to add exclusions for Burgundy and same will apply here as well. Need someone to test and comment.

Yes, true.. once the cards start to roll out we should know.

Back