• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issue Resolved A bitter experience of deposit locker application at Indusind Bank

The highlighted issue has been resolved by the bank/financial institution.

asen

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Credit Card Expert
I have an experience to share with you for applying for a safety deposit locker at IndusInd Bank.

I have a Select Savings account with IndusInd Bank. I was looking for a locker at the Survey Park branch. On 28th June, I saw that lockers are available at the Survey Park Branch from Indusind Net banking. IndusInd Bank provides an online locker booking facility. When I try to book online, I get an error. Customer care asked me to visit the branch to get it booked.

However, when I visited the branch the same day, the branch manager denied my request and asked me to open an account with 5 lac maintenance or a 25 lac fixed deposit to get the locker instantly. Otherwise, they asked me to wait, they will let me know if available.

He denied it when I asked the branch manager to share about this bank's locker policy. He said there is no bank policy, but they follow a process: You need to open a 5-lac account to get the locker instantly or wait for later.

Later, I raised this issue with the bank's cluster head and Eastern head. No response was received. After that, I raised this issue with Senior Management. Senior management closed my complaint, quoting the branch manager's words: all lockers are pre-allotted, and now no locker is available. They did no investigation.

However, till today, IndusInd Netbanking displays lockers available for that branch. If all lockers are allocated, then why is it showing available online? Refer Screenshot below.

IMG_7612.jpeg

Indusind bank advertise of their online locker booking facility but that never works. Real game starts when you reach out to the branch. Their senior management are well aware of it and take no action on complaining.

Update: On 6th July, the branch finally called me and allocated a locker.

Last edited:
I believe IndusInd is probably running a scam. Maybe needs RBI hammer.

I see availability online at my desired branch.

1720151929502.png

I immediately go ahead with booking the locker and have sufficient balance to allow the debit. I then face this

1720152010828.png

So I thought it was an online error maybe hence I reach out to my RM and she says this

1720152062143.png

I am wondering what would be the response be if I had told her I want to open a family member's high NRV account. Everything would have suddenly fallen in place.

I have tried the same steps previously and on the web, it does show no lockers available at selected branch so availability is not an issue at-least now.

The branch would clearly deny availability if you're an existing customer. Give them a fake promise of opening a new account and they'd surely budge.

I have escalated this already but no response. It's radio silence. I am not even expecting their revert since they're not interested in providing lockers to the existing customers (This service is not free for anyone neither new nor existing then why the difference?).

View attachment 59770

I immediately go ahead with booking the locker and have sufficient balance to allow the debit. I then face this

View attachment 59771

So I thought it was an online error maybe hence I reach out to my RM and she says this

View attachment 59772

I am wondering what would be the response be if I had told her I want to open a family member's high NRV account. Everything would have suddenly fallen in place.

I have tried the same steps previously and on the web, it does show no lockers available at selected branch so availability is not an issue at-least now.

The branch would clearly deny availability if you're an existing customer. Give them a fake promise of opening a new account and they'd surely budge.

I have escalated this already but no response. It's radio silence. I am not even expecting their revert since they're not interested in providing lockers to the existing customers (This service is not free for anyone neither new nor existing then why the difference?).
It’s not just the branch manager or RM; everyone, from top to bottom, is aware of this. This is a well-organized scam by the bank management. There is no transparency in locker applications, and they are violating RBI policies.

If you are an IndusInd Bank customer, you can book a safe locker online through your net banking and visit the preselected branch to get your locker.

Well, this is the process on paper. In reality, when you visit the branch after selecting a locker online, in most cases, the branch manager or responsible employee will deny the locker assignment, citing lame reasons like "locker not available." However, if you just hand over a fat cheque (deposit money into your account or create an FD), you'll get your locker with ease.

I applied for a locker back in 2021. As a Pioneer customer, the locker rent was nil for me. When I visited the branch, the branch manager informed me that no lockers were available at the moment. Well, I don't blame IndusInd Bank for this kind of issue, it's more of a branch specific issue.

I request Indusind bank to be transparent and ask their branch managers stop this type of practice. If your branch doesn't actually have locker availability, don't show it online. But don't reject the locker after completing the online process.

Last edited:
I for one has a very pleasant experience of opening free locker with IndusInd Bank (using Pioneer relationship). Lucky me

PS: Had shared in other thread...

After several escalations, the branch finally called me today and allocated a locker.
You got lucky.

Mine is still pending with ZERO response of my email from the clusterhead, head of branch banking and ofcourse RM.

They gave me 1 year free with exclusive account but no availability from day 1. I believe it's there just for marketing.

If lockers are shown as available on net banking for the branch, then a locker is definitely available.

If lockers are shown as available on net banking for the branch, then a locker is definitely available.
The RM says otherwise.
Famous for spreading fake info I guess? Or doesn't want to take an effort since I am not giving them ULIPs or insurance policies? or don't have a higher NRV?

Hello Asen,
I am too facing the similar issue for locker in Induslnd Bank, i tried to escalate, but unable to get appropriate response from them, could you please share those email ids to whom you escalated, which would be much helpful.
Thanks in advance !!

Hello Asen,
I am too facing the similar issue for locker in Induslnd Bank, i tried to escalate, but unable to get appropriate response from them, could you please share those email ids to whom you escalated, which would be much helpful.
Thanks in advance !!
No matter whom you Email, you will not get proper response from them until you escalate it to RBI.

I am not able to locate

View attachment 59770

View attachment 59771

View attachment 59772

I am not able to locate on website how to locate locker available in my desired branch?

You got lucky.

Mine is still pending with ZERO response of my email from the clusterhead, head of branch banking and ofcourse RM.

They gave me 1 year free with exclusive account but no availability from day 1. I believe it's there just for marketing.
Lockers are a product of very high demand in any bank even in cooperative banks as well.

Hence this becomes a great way to sell products, acquire new customers.

The RM says otherwise.
Famous for spreading fake info I guess? Or doesn't want to take an effort since I am not giving them ULIPs or insurance policies? or don't have a higher NRV?
Has she ever pushed for ULIP.
How u escaped?

What plan it was?

Back