• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

A section for fraud alert should be created

DevD

TF Premier
A separate category for sharing various types of fraud to aware the customer for the benefits of all should be there in this forum. People can share their story about any new type of fraud to aware everyone so that they can know about it and prevent this type of fraud to happen with them.
I am sharing a fraudulent story here. Yesterday I received a sms like this and clicked on the link thinking it is from bank. The account number mentioned in the sms is not matching with my account number, so I immediately lodged in to my netbanking to check if there is any fraudulant activity in my account. But found nothing there like this deposit. But few minutes later I was receiving OTPs from hdfc bank to make various bill payments and unknown beneficiary added and otp for fund transfer. My mobile was in my hand and I Immediately sense about the fraud and logged in to my netbanking from laptop and it was showing an error like an active session in another device and could not login. So I called the customer care and asked them to freeze my account and logout all the active sessions. Fortunately money was not debited, but I found so many unknown biller added there.
I immediately reset my netbanking password and deleted all the billers and beneficiaries. Now I have to go to bank to unfreeze my account.

Attachments

• 1686234899074.jpg
    1686234899074.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 62
Seems samba113 's point may be the case. Additionally even if any new biller is added in HDFC, it needs OTP confirmation before the biller gets active. Point is you might have received OTPs to add billers and perhaps you stopped them before reading them or you would have received a call later to share the same.
Also quick question for my knowledge. If the account is freezed, can we still change the password?

Hdfc bank has 2 sms header, this is not one of them.

Some advice-

1. Never clicked on this kind of link.

2. Don't save your net-banking password in chrome or other browser password manager.

3. Try using mobile banking, it has better security.

What happened after clicking the link?

Back