• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

About Burgundy Maintaining Criteria for family banking

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Need help from someone who has any idea about Burgundy accounts.
@TechnoFino

I have a Burgundy savings account with axis.

Recently i came to know about its family banking features , so i created my family banking id and added 2 members.

But , about the AQB and TRV requirements at family level , i have some confusions.

Customer care Guy over phone told that maintaining criteria is 10L AQB or 30L TRV.
Either can be shared and maintained at family level. ( like , if i maintain 10+ L AQB , other members need not maintain any balance )

But my RM told that TRV can be shared at family level to maintain Burgundy status. If not , each member has to maintain 10L AQB separately.

Which one is true ?

What he said is basically correct.

I added my mother's and wife's account to my Burgundy via family banking 2 month ago. It was done in 2 says.

But then their accounts stayed at easy access. So i called my RM , who later connected with branch manager.

Manager came to my house and got a form filled for account upgradation. But the upgrade never happened , and its been 2 month now.

I sometime think about visiting the branch and having some hard talks with that branch head, but then I realise i will be just wasting my time.

The best possible way is to open a new Burgundy account by funding 5L for each members , add to family banking and then remove the money. No begging , no pleading no complaining.
I think they are all misleading. Here is extract from official site. Need to raise to pno.

Get a complimentary Burgundy Debit Card and a host of other benefits for each family member, on opening a Burgundy account.

I think they are all misleading. Here is extract from official site. Need to raise to pno.

Get a complimentary Burgundy Debit Card and a host of other benefits for each family member, on opening a Burgundy account.
Yes I know. Do you think axis pno is just sitting there eager to reply and help you ?

I'm just a bit occupied now. I'll persu it with zest once I'm focused and shake up branch manager to general manager !

I think one should write a letter to branch manager and should take a copy in receiving.that will solve the problem for sure

Yes I know. Do you think axis pno is just sitting there eager to reply and help you ?

I'm just a bit occupied now. I'll persu it with zest once I'm focused and shake up branch manager to general manager !

I think one should write a letter to branch manager and should take a copy in receiving.that will solve the problem for sure
Hmm, even my own upgrade was not happening since 1.5 year despite keeping more than enough funds. Then mailed to pno and got upgraded in a week. Will first ask brother's current RM though.

How does family banking work with burgundy? I added my brother to my burgundy account online and it was successfully completed 3 days back. But it still shows prime savings account and no option to upgrade debit card to burgundy debit card.

When I called Axis Burgundy customer care, he said account and debit card won't be upgraded. No LTF select credit card either. Just that he can use RM services like me, loyalty points will be shared and no need to maintain separate balance. Is that right?
This is not true. They will get all features. Force your RM to convert your brother's account to Burgundy as well. They are a pain in the ass to deal with, but do upgrade eventually. For me it took 6-8 months of pain, but now it's all sorted.

How does family banking work with burgundy? I added my brother to my burgundy account online and it was successfully completed 3 days back. But it still shows prime savings account and no option to upgrade debit card to burgundy debit card.

When I called Axis Burgundy customer care, he said account and debit card won't be upgraded. No LTF select credit card either. Just that he can use RM services like me, loyalty points will be shared and no need to maintain separate balance. Is that right?
They do upgrade all. You need to contact to the branch. The account status will change. For the free Select card, you need to get paid one, then manually request for the LTF conversion, only after the account has been upgraded to Burgundy.

Back