• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Air India Screwed Me. Never book UA flights with them.

sonuyos

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I booked a flight from SFO to EWR after looking at it for over a month, gathering points.

It cost me 81k points for 10.2k rs to book 2 x First Class Fare.

I was quite happy with it, but the moment it was booked, my happiness turned into a nightmare.

1724823083369.webp

My ticket was somehow booked for Economy Cabin. But mind you my fare type is still First.

1724823209188.webp

Same was reflected on UA site too.

I thought surely this is a mistake. How can I get Economy ticket when I paid for First Class?

So I contacted them.

This is their first reply.

1724823432332.webp

Clearly a gibbrishh.

To which I replied

1724823478551.webp

To which they replied.

1724823515984.webp

Now I don't know how to proceed from here on. Transferred 81k miles to Air India with no immediate travel plans.

Moral - Never Book UA flight from Air India.

I booked a flight from SFO to EWR after looking at it for over a month, gathering points.

I was quite happy with it, but the moment it was booked, my happiness turned into a nightmare.

View attachment 66512

My ticket was somehow booked for Economy Cabin. But mind you my fare type is still First.

View attachment 66514

I thought surely this is a mistake. How can I get Economy ticket when I paid for First Class?

So I contacted them.

View attachment 66516

Clearly a gibbrishh.

To which I replied

View attachment 66517

To which they replied.

View attachment 66519

Now I don't know how to proceed from here on. Transferred 81k miles to Air India with no immediate travel plans.

Air India please share your stuff with us, we also want to smoke what you smoke.

View attachment 66512

View attachment 66514

So I contacted them.

View attachment 66516

Clearly a gibbrishh.

To which I replied

View attachment 66517

To which they replied.

View attachment 66519

Moral of the Story:

Customers will only get RESPECT, if the organisations that they are dealing with are RESPECTFUL and decide to treat their customers with dignity ..
In India, there are many organisations that insult thier customers blatantly .. the first one's that standout in the list are like 🪓 ,Air India, etc ( people can add more to this list as per their experiences)...

That is why I stay away with those organisations and spend a bit more ( or leave the perks they offer) for peace of my mind and to lead a happy and respectful life....

I am sorry that it happened to you..

Mat bhai. Fir tu bhi bheki bheki baatein karega.
sorry for your loss, another red flag was that the plane is a B-737, isme kitne log first class fit krenge.
Even if it was first class on 737, it wouldn't be an amazing experience, itna chota sa toh aircraft hai

One silly Question u contacted Air India or Flying Return Mail id for the solutions??
Not only mailed them I was on call with them for past 4 days, spending not minutes but over an hour at times.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240828_123631_Truecaller.webp
    Screenshot_20240828_123631_Truecaller.webp
    157.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240828_123649_Truecaller.webp
    Screenshot_20240828_123649_Truecaller.webp
    174.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240828_123654_Truecaller.webp
    Screenshot_20240828_123654_Truecaller.webp
    163.9 KB · Views: 25
@sonuyos I don't think DGCA would be able to help with this but no harm in escalating there (being an India based company)

Try checking aviation rules of SF (origin city) and where it can be escalated to (like FAA)

Cancel the booking. You would get the points back with a small cost.
Then re-book whatever class desired.

Back