• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis MasterCard credit card issue with Samsung Wallet.

iM23

TF Premier
Hello, my Airtel Axis MasterCard credit card is not being added to the Samsung wallet. But it's successfully added to Google Pay. But I prefer to use Samsung wallet. What might be the issue? I called samsung wallet customer care and they advised to contact the bank. But if it's working with Google Pay how could it be an issue with the bank? Whenever I'm trying to add it to Samsung wallet it shows the following - Screenshot_20240826_171342_Samsung Wallet.webp

Solution
Today I successfully added the Airtel Axis card to Samsung wallet. I think in some cases some time is required from the bank's end to whitelist the card (as per Samsung wallet customer care).
What is the benefit of adding Airtel card to Samsung Wallet?
Using Airtel card through Samsung wallet will not get you 10% cashback for utilities, 10% cashback for Zomato Swiggy or 25% cashback for Airtel bill payments
But it will give 1% cashback for offline transactions. Now you get point, right?

Last edited:
Same issue here, just received the card but unable to add it to either Samsung Wallet or Google Pay. It is authenticated but shows that the card needs to be activated.

Same issue here, just received the card but unable to add it to either Samsung Wallet or Google Pay. It is authenticated but shows that the card needs to be activated.
My Airtel card linked with gpay. Samsung wallet not working. Try again @GPay...
Yes, same here. Google Pay has successfully added the card. The issue is with Samsung wallet. It's not even authenticated like you in my case.

Last edited:
Hello, my Airtel Axis MasterCard credit card is not being added to the Samsung wallet. But it's successfully added to Google Pay. But I prefer to use Samsung wallet. What might be the issue? I called samsung wallet customer care and they advised to contact the bank. But if it's working with Google Pay how could it be an issue with the bank? Whenever I'm trying to add it to Samsung wallet it shows the following - View attachment 66366
On axis website check, it is mentioned that only VISA is supported for Samsung Pay and Mastercard is not supported...For Gpay both VISA and Mastercard are supported.

Its A year old card.
And have used samsung wallet tap n pay a couple of times too.
Added the card a few months ago.
Phone is s23.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240828_173025_Samsung Wallet.webp
    SmartSelect_20240828_173025_Samsung Wallet.webp
    309.9 KB · Views: 13
(Sorry for the late reply)
No, I had just re-registered my cards at the morning hours. I used the OTP option. I have used Tap to Pay at a store and it works exactly as intended,
Thank you, this morning worked.
@iM23 try in the morning times. I think prb at Axis server end in the later times of the day...

Attachments

• SW1.webp
    SW1.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 8
  • SW2.webp
    SW2.webp
    546.5 KB · Views: 8
Back