• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis MasterCard credit card issue with Samsung Wallet.

iM23

TF Premier
Hello, my Airtel Axis MasterCard credit card is not being added to the Samsung wallet. But it's successfully added to Google Pay. But I prefer to use Samsung wallet. What might be the issue? I called samsung wallet customer care and they advised to contact the bank. But if it's working with Google Pay how could it be an issue with the bank? Whenever I'm trying to add it to Samsung wallet it shows the following - Screenshot_20240826_171342_Samsung Wallet.webp

Solution
Today I successfully added the Airtel Axis card to Samsung wallet. I think in some cases some time is required from the bank's end to whitelist the card (as per Samsung wallet customer care).
Not sure about Samsung India (didn't received any notification of my Indian Samsung mobile), but Samsung wallet in US sent a campaign informing they are aware of the issue that users aren't able to add their MasterCard and they are working on it.

(Sorry for the late reply)
No, I had just re-registered my cards at the morning hours. I used the OTP option. I have used Tap to Pay at a store and it works exactly as intended,
Thank you, this morning worked.
@iM23 try in the morning times. I think prb at Axis server end in the later times of the day...
I don't know what might be the issue particularly with my Airtel Axis card. I can only reach up to the page which states to agree with the T&C. When I tap on agree, the error, the ss of which I attached appears. I'm not even getting the option to choose from "get otp through sms" or "call ...." option.

Last edited:
I don't know what might be the issue particularly with my Airtel Axis card. I can only reach up to the page which states to agree with the T&C. When I tap on agree, the error the ss of which I attached appears. I'm not even getting the option to choose from "get otp throug sms" or "call ...." option.
Try app clear data and then try adding & check for app update if any.

Not sure about Samsung India (didn't received any notification of my Indian Samsung mobile), but Samsung wallet in US sent a campaign informing they are aware of the issue that users aren't able to add their MasterCard and they are working on it.
the addition of cards depends on your samsung wallet region + phone location + issuing bank & card network. the issue you have described is likely due to issues within mastercards in the us. it is not a mastercard outage i suppose....

I don't know what might be the issue particularly with my Airtel Axis card. I can only reach up to the page which states to agree with the T&C. When I tap on agree, the error, the ss of which I attached appears. I'm not even getting the option to choose from "get otp through sms" or "call ...." option.
It is an issue with Axis, as I have experienced the same with my cards @ ICICI. Calling and emailing them continuously for a week helps :)

Today I successfully added the Airtel Axis card to Samsung wallet. I think in some cases some time is required from the bank's end to whitelist the card (as per Samsung wallet customer care).

Solution
Back