• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel CC CB - Zomato as Dept Store

Post number 2 has been selected as best answer.

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
I received less than expected cashback on Zomato orders as per the recent statement on my Airtel Axis credit card. When checking the statement, I noticed that whenever I used Zomato along with the initially registered mobile number of Airtel CC, I got the actual cashback. However, if my family (and friends) used the same card (with a different mobile obviously), then the merchant category is marked as departmental store.

I applied Airtel CC using a secondary number (Jio). After getting the Amazon GV (that has been discontinued as of now), I updated the mobile number to my primary number(Airtel). Now, I don't get the expected CB on Zomato if I order using my primary number. I have to order using the original secondary number(Jio) in order to get the actual CB.

However, I booked a gas cylinder using the Airtel app associated with a different number. I still got the 10% cashback. Probably, that is in queue for cancellation of cashback. 😂

PS: I know there are other similar threads with similar cashback blunders on Airtel Axis credit card. Just wanted to save some time for people instead of going through an ever growing list of pages. If I shouldn't have opened a new thread, please accept my apology and merge it with an existing thread.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I received less than expected cashback on Zomato orders as per the recent statement on my Airtel Axis credit card. When checking the statement, I noticed that whenever I used Zomato along with the initially registered mobile number of Airtel CC, I got the actual cashback. However, if my family (and friends) used the same card (with a different mobile obviously), then the merchant category is marked as departmental store.

I applied Airtel CC using a secondary number (Jio). After getting the Amazon GV (that has been discontinued as of now), I updated the mobile number to my primary number(Airtel). Now, I don't get the expected CB on Zomato if I order using my primary number. I have to order using the original secondary number(Jio) in order to get the actual CB.

However, I booked a gas cylinder using the Airtel app associated with a different number. I still got the 10% cashback. Probably, that is in queue for cancellation of cashback. 😂

PS: I know there are other similar threads with similar cashback blunders on Airtel Axis credit card. Just wanted to save some time for people instead of going through an ever growing list of pages. If I shouldn't have opened a new thread, please accept my apology and merge it with an existing thread.
It has nothing to do with the mobile number. Zomato uses multiple MCC, and you need to check which merchant currently guarantees cashback. It's coincidental that you didn't receive any cashback while using another number. Similar issues are being faced with Swiggy as well. Your only recourse is to email Axis Nodal and request them to credit the cashback. While the chances are slim, they might mention that you didn't get the cashback due to MCC. However, there's no harm in trying.

helloworld

TF Legend
I'm facing the same issue! I anticipated a cashback of approximately ₹590, but the statement reflects an earned cashback of ₹497, which is ₹93 less than expected. I've created an Excel table to double-check the calculations. I'll be sending an email to Axis Bank to see if they can help resolve this issue.

1702801245463.png

round down each transaction.

Find missing transaction through CC, send purchase invoice for those transactions.

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

The best practice for the spends on ZOmato and Swiigy:
Using discounted GV's with some CB offers...
Not using CCs directly...

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I'm facing the same issue! I anticipated a cashback of approximately ₹590, but the statement reflects an earned cashback of ₹497, which is ₹93 less than expected. I've created an Excel table to double-check the calculations. I'll be sending an email to Axis Bank to see if they can help resolve this issue.

1702801245463.png
Rs.886 and Rs.223 was performed via Cred on Swiggy?

mangalorean

TF Select
That's strange. Both Rs.886 and Rs.223 transactions were marked as "dept store". Did you use a secondary (mobile) number to order on those two occasions? Or anything you did differently than other Swiggy transactions?
No changes compared to my other Swiggy orders. It’s the same account and same number but delivered to my office address instead of my home. Not sure why they’d mark only those orders as Dept store!

Cebu

TF Premier
This time I have got very less cashback. It seems all transactions via cred have not fetched cashback... If happened with someone else kindly confirm
1703861126941.png

Attachments

• Airtel Cashback.png
    Airtel Cashback.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 20