• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel payments Bank fastag fraud.

sam0001

TF Select
Hi,
Airtel wrongfully debited toll thrice from my account within a minute for 3 tolls which are atleast 50-60km apart from each other while my car was parked in garage and upon raising request they said wait for 15 days and now it says the chargeback is rejected by toll plaza(npci).
I again contacted them and they said to wait till 3 aug the amount got debited on 13 July.

What should I do now?

Hi,
Airtel wrongfully debited toll thrice from my account within a minute for 3 tolls which are atleast 50-60km apart from each other while my car was parked in garage and upon raising request they said wait for 15 days and now it says the chargeback is rejected by toll plaza(npci).
I again contacted them and they said to wait till 3 aug the amount got debited on 13 July.

What should I do now?
This issue is quite common with Airtel Fastags. I recommend changing your Fastag as soon as possible. Unfortunately, their customer support is subpar; they just register complaints without providing much assistance.

I reside in Vizag, and toll charges were being deducted in Mumbai for my vehicle. Each time this happened, I had to contact customer support. After arguing with them the refund was processed and it took 10 to 15 days, and despite assurances, the same issue persisted repeatedly so closed it.

This issue is quite common with Airtel Fastags. I recommend changing your Fastag as soon as possible. Unfortunately, their customer support is subpar; they just register complaints without providing much assistance.

I reside in Vizag, and toll charges were being deducted in Mumbai for my vehicle. Each time this happened, I had to contact customer support. After arguing with them the refund was processed and it took 10 to 15 days, and despite assurances, the same issue persisted repeatedly so closed it.
I will surely do that but they are not returning my money back I have again raised complaint let's see how it goes.
Please share the process of complaint as they rejected my chargeback citing toll plaza declined.
Btw Which fastag do you recommend?

I will surely do that but they are not returning my money back I have again raised complaint let's see how it goes.
Please share the process of complaint as they rejected my chargeback citing toll plaza declined.
Btw Which fastag do you recommend?
I have a saving account with Kotak so took Kotak once, but later got to know from the forum that ICICI gives 1% CB on applying from amazon pay.

- I called Airtel payments bank costumer support, as my toll is being cut in different city it was refunded back within 10days.

Hi,

What should I do now?
Using Airtel Fastag for over years, never faced this issue. Though, I have heard similar complaints regarding other fastags specially in Bengaluru.
Here is a short part from Park+ with details for possible resolution:

FASTag users facing similar issues are advised to call the toll-free helpline at 1033 or contact the toll plaza manager directly for assistance. Additionally, complaints can be lodged with the respective FASTag issuing banks, with helpline numbers available on npci.org.in. As authorities work to rectify the situation, affected users are encouraged to stay vigilant and report any discrepancies promptly. The root cause of these irregularities remains under scrutiny, emphasizing the need for a swift resolution to restore confidence in the electronic toll collection system.

I think the fraud is not with Airtel but instead few toll plaza or some other glitch in the system.

Nhai 1033
Pgportal is website Google
Jago grahak jago.
But first escalate the issue with airtel and concurrently file complaints to these departments
I did called on 1033 and they said these tolls aren't under their jurisdiction and furthermore they can't register complaint as it has to be registered with the fastag issuing bank and we all know the chortel find ways to displease their customers through and through.
But thank you for suggestions and replies I think I am gonna complaint this just once and will change my fastag as mental peace is more than some change.

Using Airtel Fastag for over years, never faced this issue. Though, I have heard similar complaints regarding other fastags specially in Bengaluru.
Here is a short part from Park+ with details for possible resolution:

I think the fraud is not with Airtel but instead few toll plaza or some other glitch in the system.
The problem is that they are not willing to co-operate as they should because it's half their responsibility if there is some fraud or at the very least they can ask for photo of car at toll plaza at that moment but chortel being chortel they don't give two flying ducks for their customers.

The problem is that they are not willing to co-operate as they should because it's half their responsibility if there is some fraud or at the very least they can ask for photo of car at toll plaza at that moment but chortel being chortel they don't give two flying ducks for their customers.
that is age old story with Airtel Customer Care.
Do you have Airtel Black? I have received better response through Black dedicated support team. Have faced issue related to fastag once (double deduction) and received response and resolution under 3 days.

that is age old story with Airtel Customer Care.
Do you have Airtel Black? I have received better response through Black dedicated support team. Have faced issue related to fastag once (double deduction) and received response and resolution under 3 days.
Yes I have but the issue is the airtel black is activated through other number and the fastag is connected to another so that's the problem here.
Did you contacted airtel black team for fastag deduction ?

Back