• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Alternate Credit Card for International Travel

somu2372

TF Buzz
Hi All,

I am travelling to US in couple of weeks and I will have decent amount of spends upto 2 lakh or slightly more than that.

I have HDFC infinia with Global Value Program enabled which I believe would give me upto 2.3% value back (excluding GST) for the spends upto 1 lakh rupees.
In addition, I have American express Platinum travel card but considering the Forex markup fee of 3.5%, I am not planning to use that.

Suggest me a credit card which has decent returns on International spends above 1 lakh rupees post forex markup fee. Lately, I am looking at YES Marquee Card but not sure if it's the perfect alternative or not? I am ready to go for the paid card if the returns on the card are promising.

Please advise, Thanks for your time.

Amex Platinum if you can afford the hefty fees - 7.5 MR per Rs 100 (3 times the standard rate) but charges 3.5% + GST for overseas transactions.

The other card is Indusind Avios (either BA or Qatar version) - lower mark up fee in your selected area with 5X avios points (5 avios per Rs 200 for point of sale transactions) but again the 1st year fee is very high and I have reduced my use of the card as the customer service is not great and wasn't getting points on certain transactions. However you get the value of fees paid as Avios points.

Last edited:
Axis reserve also gives double the points for international transactions but charges hefty fees as well.

Back