• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Am i eligible for CC being a Freelancer?

Heymanth

TF Neo
Hi all,
I use to work as a full time employee back in days and i have 4 credit cards already.

However, now my employment is typical to put on paper but my earnings are good enough for a credit card. So im in dilemma on how do i apply for a credit card.

I work as a freelancer remotely in 2 companies as a software developer and software tester. Both of the companies will not provide me any salary slip nor have employee ID or work email to show myself as their employee. So the office address verification will be failed.

They send me the work and i complete it within the time and they credit me with their UPI contact. So my bank statements have funds but its all informal. The other company i work on is a top most MNC company but as an external user they send me vouchers as rewards and i convert them (lakhs) so its still informal but my bank statements have regular funds.

So enlighten me how can i pull off the CC applications with my freelancer work. Explaining the scenario and sending my bank statement to bank PNO will help me anything or any other way you can suggest me?

As much as possible, proceed with C2C. Income required, if needed higher limit otherwise use C2C.

Btw, you're self-employed now. and use that option, if required.

As much as possible, proceed with C2C. Income required, if needed higher limit otherwise use C2C.

Btw, you're self-employed now. and use that option, if required.
Oops! I made a mistake. Applied for IDFC CC as salaried and gave one of my office address and they are not entertaining these verifications for me since im a freelancer.

How do i make corrections to my cc application?
Im not aware of what C2C is. Is it Card 2 Card? How does it work now?

FYI, my ICICI CC Limit is 3.2L
IndusInd CC Limit is 4.62L
Kotak CC Limit is around 3.5L
OneCard Limit is 25K

Oops! I made a mistake. Applied for IDFC CC as salaried and gave one of my office address and they are not entertaining these verifications for me since im a freelancer.

OneCard Limit is 25K

use your high limit nore than 1 year card to apply another card..

proceed with fresh or wait for 3 months to reapply.

Hi all,
I use to work as a full time employee back in days and i have 4 credit cards already.

However, now my employment is typical to put on paper but my earnings are good enough for a credit card. So im in dilemma on how do i apply for a credit card.

I work as a freelancer remotely in 2 companies as a software developer and software tester. Both of the companies will not provide me any salary slip nor have employee ID or work email to show myself as their employee. So the office address verification will be failed.

They send me the work and i complete it within the time and they credit me with their UPI contact. So my bank statements have funds but its all informal. The other company i work on is a top most MNC company but as an external user they send me vouchers as rewards and i convert them (lakhs) so its still informal but my bank statements have regular funds.

So enlighten me how can i pull off the CC applications with my freelancer work. Explaining the scenario and sending my bank statement to bank PNO will help me anything or any other way you can suggest me?
Do you file ITR?
I am also a freelancer but running a agency. While applying I select self employed. Few applications only need income proof like Airtel Axis. I send them the ITR and it's approved.

OneCard Limit is 25K
Open HDFC savings account and put some amount in it, 1 or 2 lakhs. You will get pre approved offer within few months. No proofs needed.

You can fill the form with this sort of information for a freelancer filling out the form:

Company Name: Heymanth Enterprises

Role in the Company: Owner/Proprietor

Annual Return/Income: [Please provide the specific annual return or income amount]

Nature of Business: Software solutions

Number of Employees: 3 or more (names will be provided upon request)

Company Location: Our office space and home are in the same building.

Back