• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazing iOS feature to avoid unnecessary spam calls (and It's NOT voicemails)

Hisoka

TF Ace
Hey everyone

I receive around 12-15 spam calls every day and i was fed up of this. I made use of this iPhone feature which helps me get rid of all those spam.

Note: This feature will work best for those who don't receive many genuine calls from unknown numbers. In my case the only time I receive calls from unknown numbers, they're either delivery guys, or some service executives, in which case they call me again if I don't pick up. The repeated call gets bypassed with my spam filter (more on that explained below). But for some people they may receive a lot of genuine calls from unknown numbers, for they this might not be very useful. So far this is working great for me, so thought of sharing it here. Do let me know your thoughts!

Step 1
Go to control centre and create a new focus mode

IMG_4583.jpeg
IMG_4587.jpeg

Step 2
Create a new focus and customise the people’s tab

1723367368646.png

Step 3
Turn on Allow calls from contacts only, and turn on repeated calls. That way all spam calls will be filtered out. But if some unknown caller is a genuine one, like delivery guys or service executives, they surely call back within the 3 minutes time frame and I'll receive that call on my phone (refer screenshot)

1723371187628.jpeg

Step 4

You’re done. Now you can customise this focus, like which app you want your notifications from. Turn on scheduling, I’ve set it to 9AM to 10PM automatically. You can also add location based smart activation etc. NOTE: Make sure you exclude phone app from apps allowed to send you notifications, else this filter will not work.

1723371365841.png

1723371385521.png

Last edited:
Hey everyone

I receive around 12-15 spam calls every day and i was fed up of this. I made use of this iPhone feature which helps me get rid of all those spam.

Note: This feature will work best for those who don't receive many genuine calls from unknown numbers. In my case the only time I receive calls from unknown numbers, they're either delivery guys, or some service executives, in which case they call me again if I don't pick up. The repeated call gets bypassed with my spam filter (more on that explained below). But for some people they may receive a lot of genuine calls from unknown numbers, for they this might not be very useful. So far this is working great for me, so thought of sharing it here. Do let me know your thoughts!

Step 1

View attachment 64661
View attachment 64662

Step 2

View attachment 64666

Step 3
Turn on Allow calls from contacts only, and turn on repeated calls. That way all spam calls will be filtered out. But if some unknown caller is a genuine one, like delivery guys or service executives, they surely call back within the 3 minutes time frame and I'll receive that call on my phone (refer screenshot)

View attachment 64667

Step 4

You’re done. Now you can customise this focus, like which app you want your notifications from. Turn on scheduling, I’ve set it to 9AM to 10PM automatically. You can also add location based smart activation etc. NOTE: Make sure you exclude phone app from apps allowed to send you notifications, else this filter will not work.

View attachment 64668

View attachment 64669
Really require for some days like full day connect with abroad clients in office
Thanks for sharing

This will be very useful, I usually never pickup unknown callers. Lately I have been getting a lot of robocalls and Truecaller has not been effective at identifying them. Thank you!

It is a good hack, but not very useful for me as there are some important calls from unknown numbers. They don’t call second time always.

I am still using truecaller on iOS… It is not fully effective though … works for 60-70% of the times

Hey everyone

Step 1

View attachment 64661
View attachment 64662

Step 2

View attachment 64666

Step 3

View attachment 64667

Step 4

View attachment 64668

View attachment 64669
Wow this is a new feature in ios?? Remember seeing this back in cynagenmod 7-8 years ago....

and on top of that delivery boys delibrately give miscalls esp on weekends...to say they called...and then mark the package as undelivered

It is a good hack, but not very useful for me as there are some important calls from unknown numbers. They don’t call second time always.

I am still using truecaller on iOS… It is not fully effective though … works for 60-70% of the times
Yes, as I mentioned. If you receive many genuine calls from unknown numbers, this feature might not be that useful. Truecaller functionality is very limited when it comes to iPhone, and your phone will still ping in that case.

Focus modes in general are amazing.
I have a focus mode that turns on automatically when I reach my running track, it shows only Nike Run Club, Music and other relevant apps on my homescreen, also have a similar focus mode for gym. I have a work focus that automatically activates when I'm in my office location that silences all calls and notifications except from my parents.
I set up a night focus mode that activates 30 mins before bed time, hides all apps and shows me just the alarm. Set up a shortcut that changes the screen to black and white when this focus is loaded up. Has massively reduced my phone usage before bed.

Yeah same
Compared to android , truecaller in iOS sucks. It misses most of my spam calls.

Back