• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Useful iOS feature for Spam Calls and Agents(Live Voicemail)

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For people who are sick of agents and general spam callers they can now use Voicemail on iOS. When you are getting a call there will be an option to place the call onto voicemail.

It will let the person calling you know that you are currently busy and they can record a voice message telling you why they are calling. iOS will also provide a text transcript if the language used by the caller was English. Then if you think the call is useless you can block them without having to listen to their bullshit or you can give them a callback.

For this feature to work you will have to change language in ’language and region’ setting to English US. Then it will get automatically enabled and in your Phone app you will be able to access your past voicemails.

If you go into Voicemail you can record a ‘Custom Greeting’ just record nothing so when you put someone on voicemail they will just hear a beep so they will think you picked up and start talking. Just call them afterwards and say you were having an audio issue.

Last edited:
In India no one uses voicemail. I have tried it before. When they get the message about going to voicemail, they simply cut the call. Even my friends and relatives refused to leave a voicemail. They asked me if I was a chu**** VIP that needs people to cater to his demands. I don't blame them. Even I refuse to leave voicemail messages.

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In India no one uses voicemail. I have tried it before. When they get the message about going to voicemail, they simply cut the call. Even my friends and relatives refused to leave a voicemail. They asked me if I was a chu**** VIP that needs people to cater to his demands. I don't blame them. Even I refuse to leave voicemail messages.
This comes in handy if you are facing a lot of spam calls from agents. Eventually they will get angry and blacklist you. I personally don’t have this issue but I think this is a good way to deal with spam calls.

My friends and family only use it if they have something important to say otherwise they will cut the call thinking I am busy. Otherwise they will say something like “Call me it is urgent.”

This comes in handy if you are facing a lot of spam calls from agents. Eventually they will get angry and blacklist you. I personally don’t have this issue but I think this is a good way to deal with spam calls.
No, it isn't. It will also frustrate the genuine callers who want to contact you.

If I was a spam agent and I got angry at you because you sent me to voicemail. I would punish you by putting your number on more lists. I would not reward you by removing your number from the lists.

Voicemail is a legacy feature from the time of landlines, when caller ID was rare, and so people needed to let the recipient know that they had called them. The missed call list on cellphones solved that problem.

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No, it isn't. It will also frustrate the genuine callers who want to contact you.

If I was a spam agent and I got angry at you because you sent me to voicemail. I would punish you by putting your number on more lists. I would not reward you by removing your number from the lists.
If you go into Voicemail you can record a ‘Custom Greeting’ just record nothing so when you put someone on voicemail they will just hear a beep so they will think you picked up and start talking. Just call them afterwards and say you were having an audio issue.

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Voicemail is a legacy feature from the time of landlines, when caller ID was rare, and so people needed to let the recipient know that they had called them. The missed call list on cellphones solved that problem.
Just because something is old doesn’t mean it still can’t be useful. @RAMESH BABU N from our community is the prime example lol