• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon ICICI Card: A unique scenario.

bhkbhbk

TF Buzz
Before applying to the card, I have a question to which I need the answer from experienced ones in the community.

I have an official banking mobile number & a temporary second mobile number.

The official banking number is linked to banks, credit report & every official document.

The temporary second number is linked to online shopping accounts like Amazon & random stuff.

Can someone here figure out how can I apply for the card using official number so that the card is linked to that but have my temporary number linked in the Amazon account?

Here's one theory I thought of, can someone confirm?
  1. I temporarily update the mobile number in Amazon account from temporary one to official one.
  2. Then I complete the application process & the official number is now linked with the card & ICICI bank.
  3. After getting the card, I will update the number back to the temporary one in the Amazon account.
  4. With this, in the end, the Amazon account will have the temporary second number & the card will have the official banking number linked to them which is what I want.
I want to confirm whether it will create any issues in the linkage or cashback etc.

PS: New here, so sorry if there's a mismatch in the posting community. Might take time to figure out the website.

bhkbhbk

TF Buzz
1700376363084.png
While applying click on edit and enter the phone number you want to apply from.
The phone number tied to your Amazon account will remain unchanged.
Thank. I will try but from what I remember, this button takes you to the number updation page in the Amazon account. I'll try while applying.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Doesn't work. It takes you to the settings page to change the mobile number in the Amazon account, so it's not only for the application.
Then the only way you've left is.

1. Apply Amazon ICICI card on 2ndary number
2. Later change number to primary in ICICI branch for credit card (again a challenge)
3. The card will be linked to secondary Amazon account & you'll keep receiving cashback in that account (that's what I believe).

This is hit & miss trick and the only way left to you.

Seth

TF Premier
Before applying to the card, I have a question to which I need the answer from experienced ones in the community.

I have an official banking mobile number & a temporary second mobile number.

The official banking number is linked to banks, credit report & every official document.

The temporary second number is linked to online shopping accounts like Amazon & random stuff.

Can someone here figure out how can I apply for the card using official number so that the card is linked to that but have my temporary number linked in the Amazon account?

Here's one theory I thought of, can someone confirm?
  1. I temporarily update the mobile number in Amazon account from temporary one to official one.
  2. Then I complete the application process & the official number is now linked with the card & ICICI bank.
  3. After getting the card, I will update the number back to the temporary one in the Amazon account.
  4. With this, in the end, the Amazon account will have the temporary second number & the card will have the official banking number linked to them which is what I want.
I want to confirm whether it will create any issues in the linkage or cashback etc.

PS: New here, so sorry if there's a mismatch in the posting community. Might take time to figure out the website.
In same situation.
My card approved today but number is secondary and it's not active also so can't get payment OTP.
Is there any option in i mobile app to change number?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
In same situation.
My card approved today but number is secondary and it's not active also so can't get payment OTP.
Is there any option in i mobile app to change number?
To change mobile you have to visit branch
Imobile don't have any option to change mobile number