• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card rejected for the 3rd time

monky3

TF Neo
Hi,
I have been using my Kotak 811 cc since February 2023 ,OneCard cc since may 2023, Axis band Indian oil cc since March 2024.

After I turned 21 years old on jan 2023 I applied to Amazon pay icici cc for the first time. Then again on February 2024 and again on August 2024.

All the three time I have been rejected stating:
"Rejected due to insufficient/adverse of credit history being less than required policy norms"

My credit score as of today:
From cred - 753
From gpay - 765
From OneScore - 765

I am seeking guidance from the community to proceed further.
Thanks.

Hi,
I have been using my Kotak 811 cc since February 2023 ,OneCard cc since may 2023, Axis band Indian oil cc since March 2024.

After I turned 21 years old on jan 2023 I applied to Amazon pay icici cc for the first time. Then again on February 2024 and again on August 2024.

"Rejected due to insufficient/adverse of credit history being less than required policy norms"
First of all, stop applying Apay CC back to back. 6-month cooldown is there in case of Apay CC rejection.
Currently, you are not an ideal customer for ICICI based on your profile and age. Based on the reason provided means your credit history is not sufficient for them to analyze your creditworthiness.

From cred - 753
From gpay - 765
From OneScore - 765

Thanks.
Your credit score doesn't mean that you will get the card. The card is given by the bank based on many factors.
your credit history and highest limit?
If you want an ICICI Apay card then wait for the pre-approved offers on Amazon or apply the platinum chip and using that card get the Apay one from Amazon.

Last edited:
i have stopped applying for icici cards after multiple rejections, i dont think my pincode is serviceable even though there's icici branch 500m away from my house

If you want an ICICI Apay card then wait for the pre-approved offers on Amazon or apply the platinum chip and using that card get the Apay one from Amazon.
How do you get pre-approved offer? Does it show a limit or something? I get popups and ads in the app for it, is that pconsidered pre approved or just promotion?

Reactions: AxT
Hi,

From cred - 753
From gpay - 765
From OneScore - 765

Thanks.
Apply for some other icici card first, or take their fd card. Amazon card is the most applied for card in icici

Buy regularly on Amazon for next 6 months everything from electronics to groceries even shampoo & soaps, meanwhile apply for millennia/Swiggy so that you won’t miss 5% on Amazon. Amazon will start offering in their App itself, where they’ll generate Virtual card within minutes after vkyc.

Buy regularly on Amazon for next 6 months everything from electronics to groceries even shampoo & soaps, meanwhile apply for millennia/Swiggy so that you won’t miss 5% on Amazon. Amazon will start offering in their App itself, where they’ll generate Virtual card within minutes after vkyc.
users reported spend does not matter now. card been rejected even for heavy spenders.

Hi,

From cred - 753
From gpay - 765
From OneScore - 765

Thanks.
kindly diversify your credit card portfolio by taking some secure fd backed credit cards which will also help you in boosting your credit score further.
For this paisabazar stepup rupay fd backed card is best.
After that get fd backed ICICI instant platinum chip credit card which will further simplify your path to get icici Apay.

i have stopped applying for icici cards after multiple rejections, i dont think my pincode is serviceable even though there's icici branch 500m away from my house
Go there and ask in branch whether it's serviceable or not.

Icici thinks if we don't have a relationship with them, they consider us as aliens usually. So, they don't approve.

In my case, I applied for icici platinum twice. Rejected both times. I had issues in document uploading for Apay so my application was in middle stage(not approved nor rejected) for nearly an year. I contacted icici customer care twice to delink my application. They messed up on delinking too. I have raised complaint against them on rbi ombudsman. Fortunately, my Apay was approved. My Apay is approved based on my relationship with Amazon only. I was using their pay later and my other credit cards on Amazon. So Amazon knew about me and approved it.

As far as I think, Apay has separate team and icici has separate team to manage credit card applications. So, if Apay was not approved, try to get a core card from icici and get Apay later and vice versa

ICICI AZ Pay is the first unsecured card I got while I'm student in 2021 without any income documents or physical verification. Activate Amazon paylater in your account use that for 6 months then apply for az card. It will improve your approval chances.

Exactly it's not just ICICI who makes the Final decesion Amazon also involved. I've seen so many people without CIBIL no relationship with ICICI got Az pay card based on their Amazon order/paylater history.
It's true in my case too. Icici was definitely not interested in giving cc to me.

Amazon to icici : You know nothing, Jon snow. I'm approving his application.

Exactly it's not just ICICI who makes the Final decesion Amazon also involved. I've seen so many people without CIBIL no relationship with ICICI got Az pay card based on their Amazon order/paylater history.
I am one of them in 2023 got the card pre-approved, my first unsecured card without any income proof/verification with a 1.5L Limit. Within 6 months LE to 4.2L.
I have been using Amazon Pay Later regularly since its launch and Amazon as my primary shopping and bill payment platform.
NTB to the bank in 2023. Now have WM Account & 4 CC.

Back