• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon voucher on Gyftr

joshmas

TF Buzz
I am planning to purchase a mobile on Amazon. So which is the best way to maximize award points on Magnus? Can I purchase Amazon voucher on Gyftr to get the 5x rewards? Please suggest

Last edited:

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nothing matches 10% instant discount provided by other cards for that mobile.

If you're aiming for airmiles, do check below link

Currently they're offering 2% discount + 5% cashback (do check TnCs before purchasing whether they'll allow thos voucher for that mobile or not).

or can go for Gift edge for 5x rewards.

I think unless you're aiming for super premium phones, most of them get better rate with 10% discount. Calculate and pick best method.
Adding to it

@joshmas just ensure that the phone is available to buy using AGVoucher as few members pointed out, it won't show the option while paying, if the phone or item you buying is not eligible

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Magnus - gyftr 5x - 24%
Magnus - Woohoo - 2% + 5% + 4.8% = 11.8%
This is true, we should NEVER goto woo-hoo voucher until unless, all you exhausted in Gyftr quota for the month.

Only on heavy purchases you will exhaust, otherwise always use edgerewards in GYFTR for 5x or 24% miles/hotel transfer benefits

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is no quota for Gyftr, right? Only grabdeals has a max cap of 10K points per month.
GYFTR certain Vouchers have some limit monthly, but few claimed they were able to buy Apay Voucher more than 10k, but need to see if they get their 3x rewards for the >10k set by AXIS t&c

You will find it in this link, site is under maintenance, can't post the snap

but Apay Gift VOucher 10k and Amazon Shopping Voucher 50k is monthly limit, 1st one is 3x and the 2nd is 5x multiplier EdgeRewards.

Like that some of other vouchers also have limit

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
GYFTR certain Vouchers have some limit monthly, but few claimed they were able to buy Apay Voucher more than 10k, but need to see if they get their 3x rewards for the >10k set by AXIS t&c

but Apay Gift VOucher 10k and Amazon Shopping Voucher 50k is monthly limit, 1st one is 3x and the 2nd is 5x multiplier EdgeRewards.

Tata cliq has 20k. Other than these 3, they haven’t mentioned limits on any other vouchers.

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Tata cliq has 20k. Other than these 3, they haven’t mentioned limits on any other vouchers.
Try adding any Vouchers, beyond certain numbers you can't add them at all

Kalyan or Taj/ITC, not sure, site is down, so can't say but that is how it restricts in one buy. Never tried buying but adding itself will limit

Reactions: BMR

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Try adding any Vouchers, beyond certain numbers you can't add them at all

Kalyan or Taj/ITC, not sure, site is down, so can't say but that is how it restricts in one buy. Never tried buying but adding itself will limit
Thanks for pointing out. Will refrain from buying a lot of vouchers at once.

madsafe

TF Neo
I have a Magnus card and I am planning a big purchase on Amazon. Unfortunately one can only buy vouchers worth 50k. If I create another Gyftr account (using a different phone number), but use the same Magnus card, would I still get the 5X rewards for voucher purchases from both accounts?

Also, I want to know if the limit is refreshed on the month starting or the billing cycle starting?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

ltf_seeker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

I was able to buy 50k worth of APay vouchers from gyftr this month. After that I got an error saying 50k is the monthly limit.

Not sure if I'll get accelerated ER points for full 50k though.

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I was able to buy 50k worth of APay vouchers from gyftr this month. After that I got an error saying 50k is the monthly limit.

Not sure if I'll get accelerated ER points for full 50k though.
90-120 days you are going to let's know whether you got accelerated ER or not :)

You are our Alpha and Beta Tester :ROFLMAO:

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Only on heavy purchases you will exhaust, otherwise always use edgerewards in GYFTR for 5x or 24% miles/hotel transfer benefits
Hi a bit off topic but I am trying to understand how to use these RP for getting the 24% conversion. I know it will not be a straightforward answer but I am willing to learn about it if you can just guide me to some links where I can start reading and learning...I have a magnus for burgundy

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi a bit off topic but I am trying to understand how to use these RP for getting the 24% conversion. I know it will not be a straightforward answer but I am willing to learn about it if you can just guide me to some links where I can start reading and learning...I have a magnus for burgundy
It is basically, if you buy any voucher like AmazonPay or Amazon voucher which earns 5x points( now Amazon is devalued in AXIS but taken for example)

So normal points are 12 ER for Rs.200 spent, here you will get accelerated 5x12=60 ER for every Rs.200 , which is 30ER per Rs.100

5:4 ratio(or .8) ER to Miles/hotel transfer if you have Burgundy magnus.

So that is translation of 30ER will become 24Miles/hotel for Rs.100 spent, which is 24% earning in turn. (which is way good :) )

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It is basically, if you buy any voucher like AmazonPay or Amazon voucher which earns 5x points( now Amazon is devalued in AXIS but taken for example)

So normal points are 12 ER for Rs.200 spent, here you will get accelerated 5x12=60 ER for every Rs.200 , which is 30ER per Rs.100

5:4 ratio(or .8) ER to Miles/hotel transfer if you have Burgundy magnus.

So that is translation of 30ER will become 24Miles/hotel for Rs.100 spent, which is 24% earning in turn. (which is way good :) )
Thanks for explaining...I am aware of the 24 miles/hotel but the last part....do we get 1:1 conversion to ruppe for the hotel rp...or what is a good rule of thumb for this conversion? I have not used any rp for hotel before so thats why

helloworld

TF Legend
Thanks for explaining...I am aware of the 24 miles/hotel but the last part....do we get 1:1 conversion to ruppe for the hotel rp...or what is a good rule of thumb for this conversion? I have not used any rp for hotel before so thats why

lowest assume 0.40p (you can get myntra or shopperstop voucher with that price), now do what you want to do and anything you got above this value during redemption is bonus and improves card return %... ignore everything.

If your further questions like this...

1. But if we assume like that then we can found better cards than it?
- Good, go for it... whatever suitable and you're satisfied with that redemption option.

So, normal 12 EP for 200 * 0.40p = 2.4% // which is good IMO.

5x = 12% // very good IMO.

2. Can't we get 1:1 when we book hotel/airline, always?
- Depends on date, airline, room category, place, time etc. depends on that value. so again, assume 0.40p and proceed with it. Anything above is bonus.
- Always assume there might be limited reward options if not redeemed in more than 1 year or above, these cards are best who are heavy spenders and frequent redeemers. By the time you accumulate points in 2 years, so many will change. Card itself discontinued, who knows.