• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express - Application Query | How to remove existing incomplete application and re-start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started an application for an AMEX Platinum Travel Card and a Charge Card without using a referral link. Later, I realized I needed a referral link for better benefits. When I tried to reapply with a referral link, I received a message stating my application could not be processed because my previous application is still open. I was informed that it would take at least one month for the open application to auto-close. Is there a way to ask AMEX to close my current application so I can reapply using the referral link without having to wait for a month for auto-close?

I started an application for an AMEX Platinum Travel Card and a Charge Card without using a referral link. Later, I realized I needed a referral link for better benefits. When I tried to reapply with a referral link, I received a message stating my application could not be processed because my previous application is still open. I was informed that it would take at least one month for the open application to auto-close. Is there a way to ask AMEX to close my current application so I can reapply using the referral link without having to wait for a month for auto-close?
Call care and ask them to cancel the first one so tou can apply on referral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back