• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex 200K points. Need advice on awards flight booking.

csawai

TF Buzz
Hey everyone,

I have 200K Amex points and I'm looking to book round-trip business class tickets from Mumbai to JFK. After spending three days in the US, I'll be heading to Mexico and then returning to India directly from there.

Can anyone provide some insights on how to book flights with these points? I've checked out some blogs and websites, but they often require payment and I'm hesitant to transfer points without fully understanding the process.

Thanks!

Use sites like to seats.aero or roame.travel or point.me to find the available airlines and points requirement. Then check if Amex is a transfer partner to those airlines. For United one tip I can give amex to marriott to United You'll get 10,000 bonus miles for every 60,000 points

Edit: this is one reason why not everyone should get amex, they their transfer ratio is bad same 200k in axis or hdfc could have opened lot of options for you but amex is pushed just for its referral benefit

Dayum.. I have a platinum card (yearly 70K). Tried getting Infinia, but couldn't get one.
Amex to flights ratio might not give you the best value, if you redeem them for hotels, the rewards will be way better.

In my case, I like to have at least 2 different cards, one that offers best flights redemption and another one for best hotels redemption.

Back