• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Application Using Own Amex Referral

drsel

TF Legend
I have done this. I had MRCC and applied for Platinum Travel. It was approved and got the referral points as well in both the cards. It was 1.5 years ago. Interestingly, my MRCC points are pooled together with the Plat. Travel.
Fantastic !
you should now refer yourself for the Gold charge card and get double points for both referrals.

Last edited:

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have done this. I had MRCC and applied for Platinum Travel. It was approved and got the referral points as well in both the cards. It was 1.5 years ago. Interestingly, my MRCC points are pooled together with the Plat. Travel.
You might have missed the radar but I wouldn't recommend other people doing so.

It could lead to a suspension/block/deletion and that wouldn't be ideal just for the referral points.

SANJEETJ98

TF Buzz
I wanted to know if I can use my own referral link to apply for a new Amex card for myself and be eligible for both the referral and referee benefits?
Ya you will get both referral and referee benefits. I used this trick more than 3 times. I had amex platinum travel card and i apply for amex reserve card and gold card using my referal and what both are approved and i got 16000 mr points and not only mr points got amazon voucher too. after that i closed both new cards and applied for smart earn card and i got approved. Again i got 8000 mr point . After that i closed again smart earn card. I applied again gold card. And get mr points. And now i have 3 cards. So this trick is worked. And i got lots of mr points free of cost.

techt

TF Legend
so .. no. ... atmanirbhar
Season 2 Couch GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Sidh

TF Buzz
Ya you will get both referral and referee benefits. I used this trick more than 3 times. I had amex platinum travel card and i apply for amex reserve card and gold card using my referal and what both are approved and i got 16000 mr points and not only mr points got amazon voucher too. after that i closed both new cards and applied for smart earn card and i got approved. Again i got 8000 mr point . After that i closed again smart earn card. I applied again gold card. And get mr points. And now i have 3 cards. So this trick is worked. And i got lots of mr points free of cost.
this seems morally incorrect. they might have missed to notice. but anyways good u got so much points

Infamous

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Sounds far fetched, but fair play to you if it's true.

sodapop

TF Buzz
People get it free in the first year and do not want to pay the fee in the 2nd year so they close the card and then use a referral to get another free card
How many times can they do that, doesn't AMEX have infrastructure in place to track it ?
I am not sure how and why that is even allowed.

drsel

TF Legend
How much joining fee did you pay for each of these cards before closing them?