• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex applying for companion cards

Shinnok

TF Neo
Does anyone know the procedure for applying for companion cards for Amex? Is it simply apply for the card from website?

Looking to get a Plat Travel card for milestone benefits (currently have a Platinum charge)

jk51

TF Premier
Does anyone know the procedure for applying for companion cards for Amex? Is it simply apply for the card from website?

Looking to get a Plat Travel card for milestone benefits (currently have a Platinum charge)
If you already have Platinum charge then you can request for companion card through customer care. If one has other existing cards such as Plat Travel, MRCC, etc then it’s very difficult to get companion card on them these days.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

You are eligible for a free companion card up to plat reserve. Talk to CC

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Some people did get Plat Travel as a companion but you would need to know someone inside to get that!

Otherwise, Plat Reserve is generally offered as a companion card.

If you already have Platinum charge then you can request for companion card through customer care. If one has other existing cards such as Plat Travel, MRCC, etc then it’s very difficult to get companion card on them these days.

Companion card...... Ummmm. I am not eligible for that.

I can talk about my own experience with AMEX for an add-on card.

I have MRCC. Recently taken. Within a month, I got an add-on card for my elder son. No issues at all.

I applied on the website from Tirupati. He did VKYC (from a different city) n card was delivered to me within 5 days. After activating it n choosing a new PIN, gave it to my son.

One of the best n smooth processes.

Anduril

TF Buzz
I had the platinum travel for quite a few years (>4y). Last year after getting the Platinum Charge, I asked Amex to cancel the Platinum travel but they offered to move it as companion card instead of cancelling. They confirmed that since it will be a companion card, I don't have to pay the yearly fee as long as I hold the Platinum Charge so went ahead with it.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Like in the chat / phone.. if chat please do share us here the SS as there are plenty of people waiting on this
Thanks
Phone Plat chage premium customer contact, I was trying to get Plat travel as companion with my Plat charge. Where he mentioned they provide Plat reserve only with Plat charge and MRCC with Gold as companion.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Phone Plat chage premium customer contact, I was trying to get Plat travel as companion with my Plat charge. Where he mentioned they provide Plat reserve only with Plat charge and MRCC with Gold as companion.
Okay . . Thanks for the info