• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex card referral Program

1. Is there any difference in rewards system when I apply amex card directly and by referral link. Apart from the difference in joining fee and renewal fee.

2. If I apply Amex MRCC by someone's referral can I redeem the MR points in 18k/24k program? I don't see these program details on the referral link card page but on direct link it is mentioned clearly on the card page.

1. Is there any difference in rewards system when I apply amex card directly and by referral link. Apart from the difference in joining fee and renewal fee.

2. If I apply Amex MRCC by someone's referral can I redeem the MR points in 18k/24k program? I don't see these program details on the referral link card page but on direct link it is mentioned clearly on the card page.
No difference.

You can redeem those points for the vouchers in the 18/24k collection as long as you have enough points.

Absolutely no difference at all, in the rewards system.. whether you apply thru referral or direct... as you said, only difference is joining, fee, renewal fee incase of MRCC and bonus 2k MR points..

Yes, this 18/24K is available for ALL MRCC holders... referred or not..

No difference in redemption but renewal fee is clearly a big different. For MRCC 4500 vs 1500 every year is big difference unless you are pretty sure you can get fee waiver. Still referral is better because of FYF.

No difference in reward system except that you dont get the regular Welcome bonus points. Instead you get the MGMee bonus of 2K points on spending 5K in the first 90 days. Additionally you get another 2K bonus points on spending 25K within the first 90 days.

Referral program is still better in this case as you are getting some cards as FYF or reduced joining and renewal fees. With respect to MRCC, it is better in all aspects to go via referral program.

I can tell for Amex MRCC Card -
Best is on 4 txn of 1500+ you get 1k Mr points and on 20k spend you get 1k more. I only use it for max 20k in month. Mostly using for nps and amazon voucher.
1 point - 0.38 paise as amazon pay voucher using there collection.
Via referral you get 1st year free and second year onwards fee reduces to 1500 from 4500. Need referral you can use mine.

Amex gives first year free cards if you apply through referral links.

Absolutely no difference at all, in the rewards system.. whether you apply thru referral or direct... as you said, only difference is joining, fee, renewal fee incase of MRCC and bonus 2k MR points..

could you please share your amex platinum travel cc referral link?

I got 2 cc from earlier, and 3 new credit cards in past two months, and CIBIL hard enquiries in sept - 4, oct-5, nov-3, dec-1.
Cibil is 790+,
How long should I wait before applying for AMEX mrcc card?

Hi @DevD when you say no delayed payment in cibil - how many months/years in the past we should look at? Also how do we know if the address pincode is serviceable? Please suggest if you will be able to help with referral and process thereafter ..
Generally zero payment default in last 36 months payment history is considered to be good.
You can call amex customer care to know your pincode serviceability.

I got 2 cc from earlier, and 3 new credit cards in past two months, and CIBIL hard enquiries in sept - 4, oct-5, nov-3, dec-1.
Cibil is 790+,
How long should I wait before applying for AMEX mrcc card?
When did you last applied for AMEX card ? less than 5 credit application in last 2 months is ok.

When did you last applied for AMEX card ? less than 5 credit application in last 2 months is ok.
Last applied for AMEX few years ago. Am thinking to wait for a month and apply in Jan. Hopefully referral offers will still be there!

hi,is your referal link working ?

Reactions: SSV
Back